Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How are results determined?

How are results determined?

I was watching a friends game that went to penalties. I came out of the game and went to my fixture list and looked at my friends fixtures and noticed my friend had lost on penalties. I thought they had happened very quickly so went into to look at his match report....the penalties had not even started!!!!

How is possible for me to see the result of a penalty shootout before it has even started?! Is this another sign that nothing we do as managers affects the result and that results are actually predetermined?
    WE WELCOME THE CHASE.

Rookie
    Mate, here's what I just posted about an hour ago in another thread:

Yesterday, I had a League game that I retimed. About 10 minutes into the game, I had a player injured and I went in to attempt a substitution. The moment I clicked into "Give Orders", the game crashed and I needed to reload. When I got back in, I saw 8 cones on the Training icon. I clicked into Fixtures and saw I won the game 3-2. Bear in mind this was just 20 seconds after the crash! And the injured player was not injured! And I had a few spectators watching the game and they all told me they got cut off about 10 minutes in and went back in only to surprisingly see the game having been completed!

This is definitely a bug because there was once I was watching a game in which my friend won 4-3 via a late 86th minute freekick. I texted her saying that was a bad result because she lost her win bonus but because she needed to win by 2 goals (and won by just 1) she was eliminated from the competition. You know what she said? She said she drew 3-3. I went back to my browser I confirmed it to be 4-3. I clicked back into Fixtures, it loaded, and it became 3-3! I was so disappointed I did not take a picture of the 4-3 score to prove it to her.

Shocking Nordeus.

It does leave us wondering if there really were mechanics behind the game, or is it just a money-making machine that seeks to juice the wallets of players, determining winners based on money and time spent in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate85 View Post
    Mate, here's what I just posted about an hour ago in another thread:

Yesterday, I had a League game that I retimed. About 10 minutes into the game, I had a player injured and I went in to attempt a substitution. The moment I clicked into "Give Orders", the game crashed and I needed to reload. When I got back in, I saw 8 cones on the Training icon. I clicked into Fixtures and saw I won the game 3-2. Bear in mind this was just 20 seconds after the crash! And the injured player was not injured! And I had a few spectators watching the game and they all told me they got cut off about 10 minutes in and went back in only to surprisingly see the game having been completed!

This is definitely a bug because there was once I was watching a game in which my friend won 4-3 via a late 86th minute freekick. I texted her saying that was a bad result because she lost her win bonus but because she needed to win by 2 goals (and won by just 1) she was eliminated from the competition. You know what she said? She said she drew 3-3. I went back to my browser I confirmed it to be 4-3. I clicked back into Fixtures, it loaded, and it became 3-3! I was so disappointed I did not take a picture of the 4-3 score to prove it to her.

Shocking Nordeus.

It does leave us wondering if there really were mechanics behind the game, or is it just a money-making machine that seeks to juice the wallets of players, determining winners based on money and time spent in-game.
    I think more and more people are starting to question just how results are determined and I've been saying for a while now that very little if anything we do actually affects the outcome of a match. I also think its clear the only thing Nordeus care about is making money.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    I think more and more people are starting to question just how results are determined and I've been saying for a while now that very little if anything we do actually affects the outcome of a match. I also think its clear the only thing Nordeus care about is making money.
    A little feedback from a member of the staff won't hurt here, unless you're right and they're hiding from the truth

I will give you 3 letters.... RNG
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Randomly.
    Every programer could do such a engine for game that just gives random numbers. Cost nothing but it this case gives a lot of money.

And this only proff that you should not spend your money on game because it does not have nothing with formation or tactics or players you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by kuky_k View Post

Randomly.
    Every programer could do such a engine for game that just gives random numbers. Cost nothing but it this case gives a lot of money.

And this only proff that you should not spend your money on game because it does not have nothing with formation or tactics or players you buy.
    As a game designer of 8 years i can tell you that you are wrong. Players, Tactics and formations etc do have an impact on results. Once the game has commenced however it is extremely likely that the result has already been simulated and the games commentary is simply for effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    As a game designer of 8 years i can tell you that you are wrong. Players, Tactics and formations etc do have an impact on results. Once the game has commenced however it is extremely likely that the result has already been simulated and the games commentary is simply for effect.
    So what your saying is nothing we do during the game ie subs, change of tactics will not alter the game at all?

Totally disagree with you. I've seen a few people over the past year that have shown tactics and formations on this game have no impact at all on results. Ask itayfranko and ratsaman70 amongst others.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    This probably one of the reasons Why you cant do any change in the last 3 minutes before the start of the game. Result simulating.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Tell me then if i change player and he scored how did game know i will change him in future? You are talking crap or they invented time machine.

Its not game where you need to play or something, this is only game of numbers. You create random number generator and let him too choose who will win and wich player will score. If you have better player you have more chance to win and thats it.

And formation have nothing to do with win. Its not first time i counterd weaker team and then lost.
    Last edited by kuky_k; 01-24-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast