Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Understanding role of Luck in top eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nifield View Post
    It's obviously an exploitation of game mechanics. All games have flaws and the engine isn't perfect. As I said it's definately something they should work on. I think you are looking for more than humanly possible on an online app as far as AI programming.
    So, if there is a flaw and you report using images that has indications of it, should it not be fixed by the Nordeus?

If there is no flaw or malfunction, and the anomalies occurred due to rolls of dices, don't think that the rolls of dices are contributing to much to the outcomes in this game?

If you were a victim of it where it has costed you the C-L or the Cup, is it acceptable to you? If this has been repeating too many times, is this acceptable to you, especially when you have put in a lot of time, effort and money in this game?

I think that now you will get to the point as to why you thought I was being negative about this game. It was not about being negative, it was about observing a lot of things that been occurring in the past and are repeating themselves again, many of which had similarities and are not acceptable. And also, do you get it why I said this game is an 'insult' to football? It is because many things in there have been observed to go against football logic.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-29-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    USARABAT likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    P.S: maybe your answer will be biased here because you were never really a victim of it, and especially not in important matches.
    you didn't read what I write ?
    This manager playing with this formation, eliminate a team I had from CH.L. (one year ago, with the same quality of the other guy, 5-6* players, playing 4-5-1). In the next round, he disqualified because of the "away" goal.
    Again the program ignored the "illegal" formation.
    Every manager of the game can have a troll result but still it's rare.
    You can see more games in vent thread but also you can see some standard members of this forum, who just post 1 troll game every one or two seasons.
    It's a fb game, not the DARPA central system - lol
    But generally yes, it's an acceptable number of fails for me. Suppose that this is acceptable for you either or else you would stop playing.
    * That's the definition "acceptable" for me.
    If it's not, I 'm just stop playing or doing something.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    you didn't read what I write ?

Every manager of the game can have a troll result but still it's rare.
    You can see more games in vent thread but also you can see some standard members of this forum, who just post 1 troll game every one or two seasons.
    It's a fb game, not the DARPA central system - lol
    But generally yes, it's an acceptable number of fails for me. Suppose that this is acceptable for you either or else you would stop playing.
    * That's the definition "acceptable" for me.
    If it's not, I 'm just stop playing or doing something.
    Rare? If I start since season 2 or so (last year 2015), it will be long and also I will have to look for the images and so on. Lets speak of this season only. My team was knocked out of the C.L at the 1/8 final most probably because of such things. The Cup final, where I lost 3-0, you watched part of it yourself.

And as I said, your answer will be biased and it is because you said it is acceptable. I think that you will realise how bad it is when you become the victim of it for several seasons. So far, you have never been a real victim of it, that is not in important matches. This does not mean that this is the case for others. And you are not a token buyer, so it will be more acceptable for you. So far, you think your were 'lucky', right? If you are so 'lucky', then don't you think you should be in a better position in real life? I still think there are other things in this game besides the 'roll of dice' that cause anomalies. By the way, a user will only be able to stop to play this game when he will be able to fight the 'bad' addiction; it is not only about things that are unacceptable.

Thanks for the discussion.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-29-2016 at 05:51 PM.
    Lorand9 likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    So, if there is a flaw and you report using images that has indications of it, should it not be fixed by the Nordeus?

If there is no flaw or malfunction, and the anomalies occurred due to rolls of dices, don't think that the rolls of dices are contributing to much to the outcomes in this game?

If you were a victim of it where it has costed you the C-L or the Cup, is it acceptable to you? If this has been repeating too many times, is this acceptable to you, especially when you have put in a lot of time, effort and money in this game?

I think that now you will get to the point as to why you thought I was being negative about this game. It was not about being negative, it was about observing a lot of things that been occurring in the past and are repeating themselves again, many of which had similarities and are not acceptable. And also, do you get it why I said this game is an 'insult' to football? It is because many things in there have been observed to go against football logic.
    Again, game mechanics may not be easily re-programable without re-doing the whole system; which I'm sure thousands would have a massive problem with. There may be a way they can penalize some opponents by decreasing defence or player skills by a % with these formations, who knows how it's progorammed.

I was playing XCom 2 the other day, the game crashed and I had to re-do the level, almost all games have bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nifield View Post
    Again, game mechanics may not be easily re-programable without re-doing the whole system; which I'm sure thousands would have a massive problem with. There may be a way they can penalize some opponents by decreasing defence or player skills by a % with these formations, who knows how it's progorammed.

I was playing XCom 2 the other day, the game crashed and I had to re-do the level, almost all games have bugs.
    You are new, most probably season 2, right? You will see more of the nonsenses in next few seasons (it starts usually in season 3). Observe and come back to report your experience or findings.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Tactician PLEASE respect what I asked and don't start another general discussion about the game.
    You repeated your self. Let some others to participate too.
    Some times it becomes boring you know.
    It's also very useful to listen to others (in this case we can say "read" the others - lol) and not always saying what we want.
    Andrew is lv5 and me in some other threads said that I 've bought tokens from the game.

Ok .
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Can you explain this: 'with a good "chemistry"' ?
    What you mean by 'good chemistry'? How does this affect the outcomes of matches in this game?
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

I 'm not sure if I can explain it through the program but most from my experience.
    some examples -
    As I wrote some times, usually my team is based in a group of young fast trainers, starting the season as (high) 5* (end) and ending the season as (high) 6*.
    I keep this for some seasons till they get older so I refresh the roster.
    Many times happened to me, to play vs a strong team with many players from scout list (you can recognize those players). and won rather easily.
    I also observed teams like that, loosing from other lower q teams (in different competitions).
    So, you just can't buy today 11 scout list players (or simple players from the market) and expect from them to perform good immediately.
    Also if you have 5-6 defenders with double positions (DR-DC, DL-DC), it's good to find in what line you must set them .
    Also I observed some super players I had and sold, they did really bad in their new teams.
    madflo19 and USARABAT like this.

check my post here
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...hing-else.html

It's not adaptation, it's "chemistry" , if a player "fits" in a team.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast