Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] Player Attribute Cap

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    In your threads, administrating things up!

Lightbulb [Official] Player Attribute Cap

Hey Everyone,

So as SaucyFC explained here, we set out to take care of the player attributes. And the fact that due-to-no-fault of the managers, of you, a wide-open window of opportunity to take advantage of something that, in all sense and purpose, was a design choice that even though had the utmost positivity in mind, turned out to be an option for some managers to gain an unfair advantage. There wasn't a limit on how high player attributes could rise. But as the recent months have shown, eventually this design choice from our side finally took the form of a method for gaining a leg up on the competition.

As with any other game out there, the design is not always foolproof. Indeed, games are created by much smaller teams of people than the people who will eventually play them. Sometimes a well intended function or mechanic of a game can be manipulated by a portion of the players for power gains. Thus we have decided to mend the situation.

Now. How player attributes work is a very fundamental part of the game's code and as such it's hard to make sweeping changes to it. So what the devs did was a fix delivered in two parts:
    1. The servers will no longer take into consideration player attributes over 340%. That is - Everything over 340% simply doesn't participate in the calculations. e.g. A player with 700% in speed, will be considered by the server as being 340% in Speed.
    2. You are no longer able to raise a player's attributes over the 340% threshold. This is intended as a precautionary measure so that no one will waste effort in trying to boost a player's attributes like up until the fix was implemented.
    Note: Point 2 will be implemented very soon.

Indeed, these changes may have come as a shock to some of you but we believe that it's a necessary step. We care for the integrity of Top 11 and we take it very seriously.

With the utmost respect we hope that all of you, our players and community will approach our decision with understanding.

And once more, we thank each and everyone in the community, for highlighting this issue to us and sharing their opinion!

Well done! Any possibility for manipulation of the rules should be stopped. This is football manager game and should be closer to real live as possible.

Only, there had to be a warning about these changes. Many manipulators will be angry that they lost their packs to increase unnecessary some attributes.
    Last edited by po_zdrach; 11-03-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    dave1311 and Sai Sátt like this.

Me likey!
    Sai Sátt likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Dreamer
    @Jeeves

Can you confirm if this is something permanent or a better fix to improve the game engine is in the works?
    Ideally, the game AI should be smart enuf to distinguish Ronaldo from Usain Bolt
    rogerniceguy and Sai Sátt like this.

So what will happen after this point 2 fix ? Cause the training drills are designed in some way that we cannot increase only some of the skills...For example my superstar player has 4 skills over 340% but Under 500% as I suggested would be a NORMAL cap...I can't train only the other highlighted skills without training those that are already over 340%...So ??? Will those skills that are over 340% will be added to other skills from same category that aren't over 340 or what? I know I will hear some blah blah from managers who doesn't bother to power train their players or aren't able to, but what's the solution about what I've asked? I don't want to train my AMC with defending drills cause those are where he is weak right now as I see no point in doing that LOL
    HairDryer, brolly and Sai Sátt like this.
    Club: AF Goodfellas - Level 40 - Captain of Goodfellas Mobsters association Platinium

League Winner : 30, Runner-Up: 1

UCL Winner: 17, Finalist: 11

Cup Winner: 18, Finalist: 12

Treble: 10

AF Goodfellas Legend - John Guidetti - 604 games - 1229 goals - 480 assists (retired)

Next Legend in Action - Constantin Budescu - 385 games - 577 goals - 323 assists so far..

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessio Fitch View Post
    So what will happen after this point 2 fix ? Cause the training drills are designed in some way that we cannot increase only some of the skills...For example my superstar player has 4 skills over 340% but Under 500% as I suggested would be a NORMAL cap...I can't train only the other highlighted skills without training those that are already over 340%...So ??? Will those skills that are over 340% will be added to other skills from same category that aren't over 340 or what? I know I will hear some blah blah from managers who doesn't bother to power train their players or aren't able to, but what's the solution about what I've asked? I don't want to train my AMC with defending drills cause those are where he is weak right now as I see no point in doing that LOL
    Those over 340 will reduce season by season if promoting. They have said there will be another update to make 340 the max to avoid adding to that skill wastefully. Let's hope that is in the 8th November update

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A patch with the SPs over 340% as cones to be added would be welcome I guess. xD

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    A patch with the SPs over 340% as cones to be added would be welcome I guess. xD
    Agree totally. So at least we don't lose the greens we used for nothing
    Alessio Fitch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Hey Everyone,

So as SaucyFC explained here, we set out to take care of the player attributes. And the fact that due-to-no-fault of the managers, of you, a wide-open window of opportunity to take advantage of something that, in all sense and purpose, was a design choice that even though had the utmost positivity in mind, turned out to be an option for some managers to gain an unfair advantage. There wasn't a limit on how high player attributes could rise. But as the recent months have shown, eventually this design choice from our side finally took the form of a method for gaining a leg up on the competition.

As with any other game out there, the design is not always foolproof. Indeed, games are created by much smaller teams of people than the people who will eventually play them. Sometimes a well intended function or mechanic of a game can be manipulated by a portion of the players for power gains. Thus we have decided to mend the situation.

Now. How player attributes work is a very fundamental part of the game's code and as such it's hard to make sweeping changes to it. So what the devs did was a fix delivered in two parts:
    1. The servers will no longer take into consideration player attributes over 340%. That is - Everything over 340% simply doesn't participate in the calculations. e.g. A player with 700% in speed, will be considered by the server as being 340% in Speed.
    2. You are no longer able to raise a player's attributes over the 340% threshold. This is intended as a precautionary measure so that no one will waste effort in trying to boost a player's attributes like up until the fix was implemented.
    Note: Point 2 will be implemented very soon.

Indeed, these changes may have come as a shock to some of you but we believe that it's a necessary step. We care for the integrity of Top 11 and we take it very seriously.

With the utmost respect we hope that all of you, our players and community will approach our decision with understanding.

And once more, we thank each and everyone in the community, for highlighting this issue to us and sharing their opinion!

I sincerely hope that Nordeus makes fair compensation for players who has skill over 340 immediately this season. Waiting each season for 20% drop in certain skill doesn't validate the effort we used to build team in a first place, as training over 340 was in the scope of the game until now.

The only thing, I absolutly disagree, is to compensate the managers for "losing" their greens.

I've a lot player with skills over 340% (I talked about that), so it hurts me too, but... I've to say, that everybody, who made the decision to build a mutant had to be sure, that Nordeus will fix this in anyway. If manager are "stupid" to use every exploit for their advantage, the have to get the disadvantage of the fix.

Also waiting for the "how will point 2 work".
    dave1311 and Alessio Fitch like this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of