Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is the Tactical Part of Top Eleven 2019 Broken?

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    It works the same as before, simply, the beatability margins, that time ago were about a 30% of distance, -distance u knew that you had 95% chances of winning a oppo'- and now the distance has been doubled to cover the mutants effect, so thats why one can draw 0-0 with a -60% team, or so.,.. and the reason why many new managers, that start playing at L1, can't understand what they need to do, having a main market of 80% players, and same time having these margins, where a -60% team in 14th position can stole your league title, as it happened to me 2-3 seasons ago, we need the "intuitive" part of the game with us again, cause has been lost.
    Well, like I said above, I myself was clueless what to do at times because the game has been very irresponsive, but instead it continues the way it was. I feel like a supporter from the far end shouting for my team to do this or that but it seems the players do not even hear.

For comparision, take the scenario of a dog race and a roulette round. In the dog race, the trainer can influence his dog to change the outcome or to improve his rank during that race, but in the roulette round you cannot do anything (legal) to influence the ball to stop somewhere once the roulette is spun. This game engine is more like roulette with odds more in your favour if you covered more numbers on the chart; here numbers can be compared to quality. Again, like I said, I do not feel I am a manager on the sideline or in his stands area, but more like a supporter watching my team play.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-26-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    khris likes this.

Apprentice
    so much of the game no longer makes sense. seems to be a real lack of emphasis on the amount of effort u put in. Luck seems to be the biggest influence nowdays. Far too many unreal results. your team is trained to perfection/morrale high, 15% better than the other team, you support as do your manager friends, nobodty for the opposition,...to many results go against you in that circumstane.
    khris and Richie72 like this.

Arrows does not work, they give us arrows back again just because most of the managers wanted arrows back, but they are only cosmetic. If you want your player to play more in attack you should move them up on the field, but their is a trick with wingers AMR/L. If you put wingers more than half of their field, then they start playing on center as a MCs, which is very stupid. Same with DR/L, so if you play formation 4-4-2 (flat) and move your DR/L to much forward the game will see new formation 2-2-4-2. Same thing with V-style if you move AMR/L to much forward the game will see new formation 4-1-2-3 but your AMR/L shall not play as STs but more like MCs (very stupid).

If your team is playing good all the time, team form shall start droping down and you shall lose eventually. So what to do, I preffer losing in group stage of CL or in the Cup games with not so much diference. Both of my quadra seasons were not so good ass those seasons where I was winning almost every game but lost every final or semifinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Well, like I said above, I myself was clueless what to do at times because the game has been very irresponsive, but instead it continues the way it was. I feel like a supporter from the far end shouting for my team to do this or that but it seems the players do not even hear.
    The game, is basically reactive, always has been like this. It basically is like a puzzle game, that select options in ON-OFF to determine what matters in a particular match scenario.

But there's many people, trying to find out a real tactical sense at what happens in the simulation, and this, as said, never existed. I think we were talking about this many time ago Tactician, to understand the game, you need to be the game xD

This never, never has been about a simulation in a tactical/logical 1vs1 sense, is not like this. Some orders, will give adv' to you. And another group, without any relation or sense with what u choose, will give the bar possession Adv' to your oppo.
    It can be a sub', it can be, that game has selected Normal mentality, for u, as a key factor for that scenario, it can be, that you'll have 2 FKs and your previous job is, to find the correct man for that position, etc.

This variability, is determined by the last match ratings, which choose,in the upcoming match, how the scenario will do the players simplification. The game will check your 11, probably, will choose your key players, to appear, and the players with variable rating, will alternate the performance, been important and more decisive after a rating decrease... you can see these patterns, on those players that have 6-8-6-7-6 and try to guess who, will improve it's performance, knowing that, the simulation, works like this.

It is so extense, but, yeah, you can "be the game". xD

Quote Originally Posted by MNK Kaskada View Post
    Arrows does not work, they give us arrows back again just because most of the managers wanted arrows back, but they are only cosmetic. If you want your player to play more in attack you should move them up on the field, but their is a trick with wingers AMR/L. If you put wingers more than half of their field, then they start playing on center as a MCs, which is very stupid. Same with DR/L, so if you play formation 4-4-2 (flat) and move your DR/L to much forward the game will see new formation 2-2-4-2. Same thing with V-style if you move AMR/L to much forward the game will see new formation 4-1-2-3 but your AMR/L shall not play as STs but more like MCs (very stupid).
    Yeah but I want a player to be at position A without the ball (defensive support) but at position B when the team in possession (offensive support), and this can be done only by arrows (not with whole team mentality because then all players will move up or down or focus more on attack or defense), but they do nothing when I change them during a match. I am like wtf when I see the next highlights with the player still at the same position, I told you to go there when we have the ball and you are still here doing nothing. The same when a player was suppose to drop to defence to provide support when opponent has the ball, but opponent is far in his defensive zone, doing one-twos but he is still up and he does not even move.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-26-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Another thing I noticed is the ratings of players drop to red suddenly, not once but many times, despite the team is winning and continuing to score goals. The feedback from the engine is misleading.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Tactical- logical part, never existed xD
    I don't agree with that. The old times it was there, playing some role.
    Things have broken in some stages.
    - The first was when they changed the team's display from vertical to horizontal, adding those boxes which supposed that replaced the arrows.
    Nobody understood how that boxes worked.
    - The second was when the mutants turned upside-down the logic of tactics/quality/stats
    - The third was when they put a limit to scores vs abandoned/weak/bot teams. After that in many games a manager feels like he 's just watching a game like a supporter without any coaching powers. The abandoned/weak/bot teams could get any possible results. The advantage of the present vs an absent for a match manager seems that lost.
    - The last one was when they tweak again the engine so to ignore the high skills of mutants or semi-mutants. Sometimes works, sometimes not but the thing is that the connection between skills and gameplay have lost.

Also I want to add that the old times a team with a ST in GK position and all the others oop was extremely difficult to win a game vs a normal team, even with low q . The max was a draw. This is happening more often, already few times in some of my teams which are trying to remain in the same lv league.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 09-27-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    MNK Kaskada likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    Well maybe tactics arent broken but screen animation is broken. For example i had mr with up arrow and seen that opponent ml is playing very good (had goal and good rating) than later i gave down arrow to my mr and than i saw in comments that my mr is blocking opponent's ml. So it's works but in other hand i didnt see any changes in live animation. So i think we shouldnt rely on live animation but pay more attention to comments during the match but the problem is that those comments are very rare .
    Again like mentality option. It writes that attacking mentality gives more opportunities to attack but in live animation it's only show where your team start your attacks - defensive from the back, attacking - long ball to the strikers. So it;s stupid - i want play attacking but i want that my team start to build attacks from the back and not from the my strikers but in this game it isn't that way.

If you turn off 2D animation, then you shall have more (only) comments. If that is what you want.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast