Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The game is faked!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    You used a very weak strategy to be honest. Just because they are a weak team doesn't mean you throw 5 attackers - that's a recipe for disaster.

I remember Real Madrid's galacticos after they sold Makelele, everything went down hill as they had all the best attackers and no holding midfielder.

Learn to balance your team before you question the game engine.
    Very good advice

Rookie
    You used a very weak strategy to be honest. Just because they are a weak team doesn't mean you throw 5 attackers - that's a recipe for disaster.

I remember Real Madrid's galacticos after they sold Makelele, everything went down hill as they had all the best attackers and no holding midfielder.

Learn to balance your team before you question the game engine.
    Totally disagree with you. My opponent played 5 defenders and 2 DMCs. I played AMR, AMC, AML and 2 strikers against that. How would you have countered that? Learn to get some context before you jump to conclusions.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Cained View Post
    Totally disagree with you. My opponent played 5 defenders and 2 DMCs. I played AMR, AMC, AML and 2 strikers against that. How would you have countered that? Learn to get some context before you jump to conclusions.
    5 defenders vs 5 attackers = 10 players in the opponent box, that's crowded, they are not sardines. no space to score.

Maybe try a different approach with opponents like that, less attackers against defenders makes the defenders come out to mark some midfielder and thus, create spaces behind.

Notice - have you ever notice on the 2D that a free player never gets the ball, a defender has to mark him before he relieves the ball. Therefore I judge without knowing your strategy because the opponent box is choked with players.

Apprentice
    PS: your box was free for them to score and they took advantage.
    Samson1865 likes this.

Apprentice
    5 Defenders and 2 DMCs is pretty obvious that all out attack is not going to work against a heavily defending strategy from the opposing team, you should of used a strategy that would of enabled you to break them down, not just throwing half your team at a brick wall of basically 7 defenders because not only will you really struggle to score but the opposition will just pick you off with counter attack again and again and again which by the sounds of it is exactly what happened, I've learnt in this game if you don't adapt then your team collapses. (I basically use that formation against superior quality opposition or a variation of it with hard defending and hard tackling and counter attack turned on and it works extremely well against teams who go all out attack against me)
    Last edited by Samson1865; 08-24-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson1865 View Post
    5 Defenders and 2 DMCs is pretty obvious that all out attack is not going to work against a heavily defending strategy from the opposing team, you should of used a strategy that would of enabled you to break them down, not just throwing half your team at a brick wall of basically 7 defenders because not only will you really struggle to score but the opposition will just pick you off with counter attack again and again and again which by the sounds of it is exactly what happened, I've learnt in this game if you don't adapt then your team collapses. (I basically use that formation against superior quality opposition or a variation of it with hard defending and hard tackling and counter attack turned on and it works extremely well against teams who go all out attack against me)
    That's exactly what I want him to understand.
    Samson1865 likes this.

Apprentice
    5 defenders vs 5 attackers = 10 players in the opponent box, that's crowded, they are not sardines. no space to score.

Maybe try a different approach with opponents like that, less attackers against defenders makes the defenders come out to mark some midfielder and thus, create spaces behind.

Notice - have you ever notice on the 2D that a free player never gets the ball, a defender has to mark him before he relieves the ball. Therefore I judge without knowing your strategy because the opponent box is choked with players.
    Your analysis is logical and it should be like that. However, in TE11, I'm not sure if the engine works with the same logic. For example, I mostly play 451V and find it's difficult to cope with opponents who play 4-1(DMC or MC)-3(AMLRC)-2. There was one match that the only MC of an opponent got a red card and I still could not win. Maybe, I'm a weak manager.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    Your analysis is logical and it should be like that. However, in TE11, I'm not sure if the engine works with the same logic. For example, I mostly play 451V and find it's difficult to cope with opponents who play 4-1(DMC or MC)-3(AMLRC)-2. There was one match that the only MC of an opponent got a red card and I still could not win. Maybe, I'm a weak manager.
    I've come across several managers that plays sans MC successfully. They mostly adopt a long passing strategy with high pressing basically cutting out the middle man (MC).

Recently I met a manager that played 3223 DL DC DR DMC DMC AML AMC AMC AMR ST adopting the strategy above. Countered it by focusing long passes along the flanks.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-25-2020 at 07:08 AM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    Red card is a different issue, only few managers can take advantage of that. I'm not good at taking my chances against a team with red card too.

And I hope we are still talking about facing weak opponents. I used that tactics and haven't lost to a weak team (like 20% lower) in 3 seasons. They are only hard to break down when you attack and push many players forward. You have to defend and let some space upfront to attack.

I'm by no means saying attacking them won't work sometimes. Defending and creating room to attack is just a better option to me.

Addicted
    All my defeats in the game are also some one else's fault...

It's as khris and many other say, you must understand the game and be sure the higher your undertanding goes the more doubts you'll have

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast