Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Be a Football Commentator - Win 50 Tokens!

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    @khris do you follow CRICKET ???
    nope, Sir Saransh if cricket lover, we talk of cricket and this blue elephant in this page for Saransh
    I follow FCBayern München, & Fernando Alonso and the F1 world

Quote Originally Posted by roni View Post
    give this guy 50 tokens ,lol you should start writing my essays sometimes .
    Seriously I will be needing a good long essay within 3 hours......... Mr. Skidz, u there??? I will give u 10T....No???? 20???? 30???? 40???? U want 100???? Well, I better write it myself
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    hahahahahaha LOL ohhhh yeahh!!! I miss the blue elephant that was in the cricket field LOL

Next season if Kustodian give again 50 tokens for commening I will do a tribute to the blue elephant, let's remember the moment when finally everybody can found it easy:
    Now can you see the blue elephant?
    :'D

Lols I remember this from Indo Pak WC Semis u had pointed out lol

Tell us ur opinion-

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Pro
    I focused on the 19:04.

..........and that was Mr Bono and the boys of U2 with their classic it's a Beautiful Day, followed by the silky voice of Nora Jones, with her rendition of Cry Me A River. The time is 7o'clock, as we say thank you and goodbye to Sam DaMan for his three hour afternoon drive time show. Catch him every weekday between 4 and 7. HELLOOOO, Dobra Večer and welcome to NORD Radio on 94.7FM stereo, from the town of Jezera, on the picturesque southern Sibenik archipelago coastline of Croatia on the island of Muster, for tonight's JDL League 5 Live Match of the Day, or dare I say Catch of the Day. It certainly has been a beautiful day on this western section of the island and now there is a slight chill in the dusk air, but fear not, spring approaches fast . Goooood Evening listeners, I'm Dizzieslavic Gillespiekovac, your commentator for tonight's Oceans Eleven Island Derby, as it is called in this part of the country. We are expecting a humdinger between hosts Bratislav Football Club, infamously known as the Kicking SeaBrats and their local rival from Otok Otoka, FC Ortiga. Tonight's transmission is sponsored by Otok Hair Salon, where the Ooting Owls get preened and pampered; aaaaand so can you. Your visit for a Brazilian wax, cut, blow or curl qualifies you for a chance to be at the opening match on June the 12th, in San Paulo, where the Vatreni play in the Opening Match against the host nation's Samba Boyz. As if you did not already know that. The Ortiga faithful have travelled, the major part of 8 kilometers, from across the northern part of this island, which is cut off from the mainland by a 20 kilometer sea canal. They have certainly turned up in their numbers to lend vocal support and more importantly, or so I've been told, to quench their thirst on Rakia, the popular fruit punch that the Brats are renowned for. Somewhat like the Nordic mid winter drink called Glogg but with less cinnamon and cloves and with more of a 70% proof mule kick.......and sppeeeaking of kiiiicksssss, I have to compliment the Kicking SeaBrats on being perfect hosts in welcoming and entertaining their rivals and myself. Grrrreat food, grrrrreat scenery and eexxxxcellent hospitality. I must say listeners, I have over indulged on the Brudet and Međimurska Gibanica, a layered cake with apple, poppyseed, walnut and cottage cheese fillings. Kickoff is at 7:04, so there is barely time to bring you up to date on match introductions. Both teams are already on the the pitch and were eager to get going but like everyone else, seem to be more interested in enjoying a magnificent sunset across a wispy, feathery cloud covered horizon and calm Adriatic Sea. Simply breathtaking. A scene of sea and sky on fire, with a gentle cleansing breeze coming in off the shore every now and then. Listeners, I do hope that this game comes alight as well, for your sake and mine.

The 3 000 capacity Stadion BFC dBank,which plays north to south, is at 80% at the moment and expected to continue filling up as the local trawlers come in from the days fishing. We have an excellent view of the cove and those trawlers do seem to be racing in. Activity on the docks is also frantic and have been so for the last two hours. The pitch is thick, lush and perfectly maintained. Drainage is excellent, which helps, as it is the Mediterranean rain season, so we can expect it to be firm underfoot, which is great for solid passing and some decent ball control. This should allow the players to express themselves with added confidence. Both the camps like to keep the passing short, fast, on the ground and rely on their midfield to control and dictate the pace of the play. Lighting upgrades over the winter have been completed, allowing for this, their first evening match, to proceed. The locals have been waiting for an evening kickoff, even more so with tomorrow being a public holiday and this match kicks off of their long weekend. Plenty of activity and entertainment have been planned for, with an influx of visitors expected from early tomorrow to late Sunday, culminating in a SunSeaBeat concert by VIS Lollobrigida, 2Cellos and the NewZealander Lorde, whose grandparents coincidently, come from this very island. Sadly nothing else has been done to improve the club facilities, other than the lights. Perhaps it is like everything else on the island, easy going, relaxed and a no hurry attitude. The SeaBrats' manager did let slip the possibility of erecting a teletron for watching the World Cup Finals in June and July. Both teams are in the middle of the table, with promotion and a top 4 finish is still possible, as the league is tightly bunched just before the halfway mark. Unfortunately folks, tonight's game is not about league points. It's something more important than that, as you would expect of a derby. It's about bragging rights, or should I say, singing rights. Both teams are managed by their school choir masters, and I must say the visiting Ortiga Owls outshine their hosts. They are a few "bars" ahead in vocal harmony and merriment. The latest team news was identical from both managers and I quote "....can barely get 14 players together, due to red cards and injuries and there are no free agents anymore..." unquote. Something smells fishy. Pardon me listeners but I seem to be downwind of a group of fishermen, straight off the boat by the smell of it, settling down directly below me, on the east pavilion. Their family and friends seem confused and hesitant as to welcome them or move seats upwind of the group. Poor fellows, work all day and no one wants to hug you when you say "Honey, I'm home." The grand stands are very close to the touch lines and will bring the crowd support very much into having an influence on the game and in intimidating the match officials.

The referee for this game is former World Cup referee, Damir Matovinović, who has come out of retirement to honor the teams and is chatting to the two captains, Martin Hendriks, the 29 year old Dutch midfield playmaker and young Alibor Veselinovic, the almost 2 meter tall striker, as they pose for the customary photo session. The SeaBrats are playing from my left to right, or south to north, in their home kit of red tops with a single white V type hoop across the chest, white shorts and black socks with white trim. FC Ortiga are in their full pale biscuity gold away outfit, which is the same color as their owl in flight logo. I have just been informed that Bratislov has the honor of starting proceedings. The SeaBrats appear to be more defensive minded about this fixture and settle down to a 4-1-4-1 formation, while the Ooting Owls are lining up in their standard 4-4-2. Listeners, I must add that this Oceans Eleven Rivalry has been going on for about 6 seasons and only twice has there been a result. We've had 6 draws, 4 matches abandoned and points not awarded due to crowd participation in the initial 4 derby games and 2 wins for the Kicking SeaBrats. The spectators seem to have aired their laundry, kissed and made up and now leave it to their players to fight for their pride and honor. Believe you me, these players do like to get stuck into each other and I would not be surprised if we have a couple of warnings or cards. After all a derby is a derby. Ortiga are without their leading goalscorer, Filip Đorđević jnr. and have rushed in young Nikola Milovanovic, direct from their training academy. Rumor has it Milovanovic was recommended to the Owls by his former babysitter, one Luka Modric. Master Nikola Milovanovic is dwarfed by everyone on the field and appears more nervous than a priest whose church had misplaced its only collection plate on judgement day! I do hope he has a another job skill to fallback on. I predict they will substitute him before halftime. He does look clumsy, twitchy and totally in the deep end for this one. Tweet me with your predicted substitution time for Nervous Nicks debut. Tonight's prize is 5, yes 5 backstage passes to meet and greet the band members of One Direction,next week, in Sibenik's Stadion Subicevac. The referee is checking his watch, carrying out a final headcount of both teams. The crowd sense, as one, a change in tempo and the expectation of answered prayer. The Owl spectators raise the volume by an octave or two. The SeaBrats supporters immediately respond with a huge war cry of their own and do their horse kick dance in unison. This uproar causes all the seagulls in the vicinity to vacate their evening roost and f****k off in all direction, with an even louder shriek. Yes, listeners, I did say flock off. The referee checks with his line assistants. There's the whistle, exactly on time at 7:04 and Nervous Nick looks ready to faint. Bratislov FC kick off this Thursday evening JDL League 5, brought to you live on NORD 94.7FM stereo.

Desperate measures for Bratislav FC, making an early substitution in the 34 minute. It is Markovic coming on to replace Vessellnovic. While this is happening Ostojic is still remonstrating with the referee for the booking he received earlier in the half. A few FC Ortiga players are helping him make his case. Well it's not going to change anything is it?

Markovic is on and the referee signals for the game to start, although Ostojic and a few of his team mates are still in the referee's face. Bratislav with the ball now and OH, WHAT'S THIS? Babic in the clear, still with Babic...BABBBIIIIIIIICC....GOAL!!

Almost the entire Ortiga team has swtiched off! Bratislav take the lead in comical circumstances! Ostojic the culprit as he was the one who led the protest while the substitution was made. Absolutely comical! It looks as thought they were more interested to have a go at the referee instead of defending there. Five Bratislav attacking players against one Ortiga defender, who only stayed back because his laces were untied...Bratislav back in the game! Bratislav FC 1, FC Ortiga 2!

And this is amazing, Ostojic is still remonstrating with the referee!
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Man there are serious essays here, the serious ones r good. I had attempted a comedy but feel its overshadowed by littledude's... His is hilarious. Hey, if i had a little more time for that one i wud have beaten u littledude
    Well, i ain't changing that one now, let the best one win
    littledude072 likes this.

Tell us ur opinion-

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Seriously I will be needing a good long essay within 3 hours......... Mr. Skidz, u there??? I will give u 10T....No???? 20???? 30???? 40???? U want 100???? Well, I better write it myself
    Did not need it lol, wrote a good one myself and in that essay-cum-story, i ended up killing 2 of my real life friends lol..... They will love to hear the story.

Tell us ur opinion-

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38
    We decided to give you 3 more days to submit your commentarie, so we will close this thread on Thursday Morning at 11:00AM GTM+1 and announce the winners the next day

Quote Originally Posted by kustodian View Post
    We decided to give you 3 more days to submit your commentarie, so we will close this thread on Thursday Morning at 11:00AM GTM+1 and announce the winners the next day
    Winners? or winner? moaRRR

Pro
    With all due respect to The Kustodian
    A deadline was set and specific guidelines given. Should you feel that the response was inadequate, or below par, then please and by all means say so. There is nothing wrong with holding a new competition, if inferior material in comparison to the award was received.
    An extension of the deadline simply means that those who have not had the courtesy nor the intention to submit an entry are now being courted by yourself, to do so.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast