Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Breaking news - New Top 11 version 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    My advise: set your goal beforehand. What player you wanna get, their skills, their roles, SAs, how much you'd be willing to spend in the worst case scenario. Then give the game a few minutes of your time and do some auction runs. You didn't win any player? Well you also didn't lose anything. Why not try at a different hour of the day? It's still viable to try and snipe players at the more irregular hours of the day actually. And I'm reading that some of you were actually able to acquire some good players still!

Ahm... do you think, we are stupid?

I believe... no, I'm sure, EVERY experienced manager at this forum knows how he has to go for new player. WE all knew, when the best time was to get f.e. Nordgens. We know, who has to replace... we know, what we need. I'm also sure, at this forum, there are much more people, who (try to) understand the game/tactics/formation, than your social media friends. In my early days in this game, I read your FB-site too... and a lot of comments. And... as a newbie, I knew, there are ~98% moaner, who never reflect themselves...
    Take a look at "Season 91 - Are you ready?" and you can follow, how long it takes me to get a replacement for my ST (who played 15 seasons!!!), but this is managing.
    Now... it's just a player farming. Nobody knows, where the player come from. Nobody knows, if this player showed bad or good performance (if it isn't a Nordgen).

And believe me, quickness isn't better, always. Beside this... for a real manager, the new system costs and wastes a lot more. This a big step you will lose a lot of good manager .
    With your post... I'm really afraid of the day, you introduce the 2-week season.

Another suggestion: At your app-discription, you say, you have 150 mio players (if it's true or not...). No other football managing game out there has nearly the same amout of player. You know... they played it/started playing with the old auction system? Did you ever thought, WHY your game has much more success than every other managing game?
    A last word: history should tell us, the mass of people isn't an indicator, if something is good or not.
    Last edited by nash123; 04-26-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo
    madflo19, brolly, achiie and 5 others like this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Geared towards low level managers, who are spending money on tokens, before they realize its all a scam. Goodbye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest assured,they are listening to us (but they don't give a f***)
    It's useless to say anything else.
    Their strength lies in not telling the truth.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Addicted
    There is one thing keeps making me confused: is Nordeus earning any profits? If the answer is yes why they keep making these ridiculous updates? If not how can they guarantee these changes will bring in more money?

Nordeus, I know you made a lot of surveys among us, thanks. But did you do any risk analyses and finance analyses? In your analyses, did you consider something called stratification? How can you come up with the naive idea of merging all levels on auction?

Are you kidding me? Is this the game that I have spent my lives in recent years to play? I start thinking about more and more ...

Addicted
    Nordeus,

Take a look at the auction view, don't you think the first column is too wide for containing name and nationality only? Why you don't make it narrower and add in a column for SA?

Note, the scout and negotiation tab stay the same, so from my perspective this is a very poor programming effort.

Breaking news - New Top 11 version 5.6-img_0714.jpg
    Last edited by Teda; 04-26-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Edit
    Max winain likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Teda View Post
    There is one thing keeps making me confused: is Nordeus earning any profits?
    TMI- Yes, Nordeus is expected to be a profitable company. It's privately owned, which means their earnings don't have to be publicly disclosed (as with most companies). There is not much, but a few business interviews with Nordeus staff are on the web, for example. A company of this size and type almost certainly has an analytics team, who monitor data like login per day, time spent per action; and others who make strategic recommendations, like which demographics to target and how, examining traffic flow, conversion rates, etc...

But- every product and company should evolve, and not every attempt is a success, even for the hugely resourced companies like Google (remember Glass? flop). This seems like a disconnected update, crossed wires at Nordeus. However, it may be that the next "generation" of players will find v5.6 to be an improvement, it certainly could yield whatever positive result Nord hoped for on their end; even if that's out of touch with legacy users.
    achiie and Altiplano like this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Addicted
    I read your mind, very good response, thanks.

What I am curious is that what evidences they used to do all these updates? I deeply question their analytical team and am not sure if they really know the business.

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    TMI- Yes, Nordeus is expected to be a profitable company. It's privately owned, which means their earnings don't have to be publicly disclosed (as with most companies). There is not much, but a few business interviews with Nordeus staff are on the web, for example. A company of this size and type almost certainly has an analytics team, who monitor data like login per day, time spent per action; and others who make strategic recommendations, like which demographics to target and how, examining traffic flow, conversion rates, etc...

But- every product and company should evolve, and not every attempt is a success, even for the hugely resourced companies like Google (remember Glass? flop). This seems like a disconnected update, crossed wires at Nordeus. However, it may be that the next "generation" of players will find v5.6 to be an improvement, it certainly could yield whatever positive result Nord hoped for on their end; even if that's out of touch with legacy users.

Famous
    ^^^
    That's why I think the problem Nordeus could have avoided is in the roll-out/ release of the new features. I can imagine some data that would lead to this 5.6 decision, including interpreting player feedback, token spending trends, and targeting a marginal increase in spending for limited demographic...

But Nordeus, with data in hand, certainly has a clear idea while developing this 5.6 "auction module" - the big problem is how unclear the motive is for, seemingly, the vast majority of legacy users. Go from text to graphic based games, clear motive; add a feature to play fairly with a social group, clear motive; 5.6 is lost in translation, Nordeus didn't "control the narrative" by presenting the positives and creating excitement, the motives are mistrusted.

Again, maybe for them it's short term pain for long term gain.

Addicted
    Ya, data doesn't tell everything and sometimes it is even misleading. They can use the survey data in a better way - e.g., increase Nordgens for high level managers and slightly merge top levels to avoid boring league (same opponents) seasons by seasons.

There are a lot of things they can do to improve this game to keep it the top one in the world. But they way they redesign this auction thing is naive and not a carefully planned outcome.

I certainly hope they can get larger and better, because we might benefit (hopefully) from that, this is why I keep saying win-win is the optimal way for both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    ^^^
    That's why I think the problem Nordeus could have avoided is in the roll-out/ release of the new features. I can imagine some data that would lead to this 5.6 decision, including interpreting player feedback, token spending trends, and targeting a marginal increase in spending for limited demographic...

But Nordeus, with data in hand, certainly has a clear idea while developing this 5.6 "auction module" - the big problem is how unclear the motive is for, seemingly, the vast majority of legacy users. Go from text to graphic based games, clear motive; add a feature to play fairly with a social group, clear motive; 5.6 is lost in translation, Nordeus didn't "control the narrative" by presenting the positives and creating excitement, the motives are mistrusted.

Again, maybe for them it's short term pain for long term gain.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Rough last couple of days so far. Yesterday that glorious update by T11. And this morning, I had a meeting and I lied about my age slightly (knocked off 2 years) and then I realized that I had just given them a document with my birthday on it. I felt like she could see the panic on my face as I realized what I had done. And earlier this morning I shook hands with the plumber. Rookie mistake. I was noticing that he had a good amount of dried feces on the front of his pants while I was watching him snake my toilet. When we locked hands, I regretted it instantly and I felt like he could see the panic in my eyes. Maybe he wasn’t basically covered in dried ****. Maybe it was just dried mud all over his pants, shirt, hands and fingernails. But when it comes to the question, “Is it mud or ****?” I just can’t give the benefit of the doubt to a plumber. Same goes to this recent T11 update, can't get the right answer; "Is it just mud or ****?"
    Altiplano and madflo19 like this.
    Level 21, Season 21, never tanking, no draw manip., +1 opp., 451, avg.Q. 140.1
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

League : 12x Winner, 8x 2nd, 1x 3rd
    CL: 5x Winner, 5x 2nd, 4x 1/2 finals, 3x 1/4 finals, 3x 1/8 finals
    Cup: 4x Winner, 1x 2nd, 2x semis, 5x 1/4 finals,1x 1/8 finals 4x Rd. 32 3x Rd1
    Triple Crown: not in a million years on those servers...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast