Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: An Open Letter to Nordeus

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I'll repost this from a few days ago

"how about the daily skill boost not being random but going to the Captain? That way we can choose who receives it and it makes the captain role actually do something.
    Over the course of a season (26 games) the player will increase by 10.4 skill points which is a tad over 2/3 of a Star, nice going for a favourite player?
    (in fact, 28 days = 11.2 skill points)"
    It's been suggested before as well. My own thoughts on this were that this could instead just be made in to a manual point allocation. I don't know if it can just be added to the game though. My point is that the two are separate matters - The Captain role and the Skill gift - but I do understand the idea. I've discussed it with others in the forum a while back when it was suggested again. We moved toward the Captain role becoming its own mechanic perhaps, maybe give players a Leadership stat via which the Manager will decide who's better suited for the role. The role itself could provide a Morale boost to fellow players or something else. A lot of interesting ideas were thrown. Anyway I hope you can see my point on separating the two.
    gogs67 likes this.

Good writing BridgeG. but useless.
    We are just the last dinosaures on T11 world who still playing the game.
    The decision was to stop the old version and all the goodies of that.
    They asked what we miss more from the old version, many people wrote here https://forum.topeleven.com/suggesti...-requests.html

but nothing happened.
    As you can read, if giving that solution (Captain - gift skill point) is too complicate, imagine what else we 're asking (history, stats, negotiations ...)

Every administrator is writing here in the forum, yeah nice idea, great post , blah blah blah
    but behind the curtains the decisions already have been taken.
    And they have a different point of view.

For example about the asso loans trick
    what we saw is that it was a great in game app but some managers started destroying it.
    So we were thinking that sooner or little later, nordeus would stop that and punish the exploiters.

what they saw was that the T11 users from 50 millions, became 150 millions.
    Most of them fake accounts of course.
    Some of them also were watching vids or getting free apps for tokens and boosters.

And that was a good number for the people behind the curtain

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    It's been suggested before as well. My own thoughts on this were that this could instead just be made in to a manual point allocation. I don't know if it can just be added to the game though. My point is that the two are separate matters - The Captain role and the Skill gift - but I do understand the idea. I've discussed it with others in the forum a while back when it was suggested again. We moved toward the Captain role becoming its own mechanic perhaps, maybe give players a Leadership stat via which the Manager will decide who's better suited for the role. The role itself could provide a Morale boost to fellow players or something else. A lot of interesting ideas were thrown. Anyway I hope you can see my point on separating the two.
    Yes, I was only conflating the ideas as the Captains role as it stands is pointless, this would make it useful in some way.
    Obviously a manual SP allocation AND other attributes for the Captain would be even better.

Famous
    I think we should hold better communication with all of you. Sentiment like this doesn't come out of no where.
    Care to start by communicating why Nord
    - Killed team history
    Period.

It's frustrating how Nord here seems to dance around issues that seem to matter to us as much or more than the new 'challenges.'
    It's like in the OP, the scant 3-5% of praise is responded to 'o, great, so good that you like it', while being silent observer to such basic, common concerns.
    Is that good communication? Should we have to coax answers and actions out over the course of months? Like the damn FA loan exploit, months.
    My sentiment has soured largely because of this policy of weak communication, and disconnect from large chunk of the user base.
    I so sincerely feel that I am not, and maybe never was the target market for Nordeus, that it's only luck and addiction that started and keeps me playing.
    It's frustrating, disappointing, disheartening. Like OP with Skype, I relate.
    But Nord doesn't stop making decisions that leave me flat, that feel weak in creativity, or polish, or aren't bug free at release.
    Max winain likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    Snip*
    Yes. Yes, decisions are taken and most of the time they are concrete. It's called a development plan in this industry. And it is a necessary "negative". I put negative in commas because without this set-in-stone plan, you are going no where when trying to work on anything creativity-related - Especially when you're responsible for your own establishment. Making a game is exactly that, it's creativity related and its risky. And among all the risk you need something to hang on to. And this "negative" is that certainty.
    Yet it is a negative in that, any sane person will figure that once something is set in place, there ain't no change happening. But that assumption is not entirely correct. There are stages to every development plan. It's like an ongoing factory conveyor-belt. The things put on to this conveyor are going through multiple stages of development and some stages are irreversible past a certain point. So yes, you can introduce changes to the plan but till a certain point in time, after which you have to slate the change you wanted to do for a later stage. Postponement.
    That's why we always mention that we take your feedback to the devs. It can be too late for the, what ever the current dev-cycle is, but it's not late for later development+implementation. But I want to add another thing as well - Some things that you guys suggest, that we wish to add, sometimes can't be added before other features/functions/mechanics are added before hand. And when you put that on top of that factory-conveyor belt I spoke about earlier... you can see how fixes to current issues/matters can seems to come in late sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    Snip*
    No I don't think that's good communication. My colleagues either. :/
    And at the same time I think that it's not completely true that we cherry-pick the positive comments and try to engage only those. The fact of the matter is that it's damn hard to reply to a negative comment. Even when it's constructive and level-headed, let alone when it's hostile. Whether you agree or not, this is how I see it being here on our side. I do this daily. I come here, sit down and read, and read, and read, and take notes. A lot of times I would try to engage and I see the hostility, and I back off. Its a psychological matter, that. One can lose their way like this. You might recall that I was a bit more active before. And yet I can't put blame on the people around this place. Again, I've been on both side of the fence. I wanna share and share and share and at the moment I can't. Things will change. Oh yes I very well know how this sounds and until change happens there ain't nothing to give backing to my words. But it is what it is. I will still say what I think. I hope we'll be able to share more, sooner than soon.

Also, what I said to Ποσιδονας relates to your "It's frustrating how Nord here seems to dance around issues that seem to matter to us as much or more than the new 'challenges.'" as well. These features (And updates) we comment and introduce with a thread on the forum are part of the development plan. They will hit the live game when ready no matter what. I can see how it looks weird to be all sunshine and rainbows with these announcements but it does service to anyone for us to bog down only on the issues and negative sentiment. We were genuinely happy to tell you all that we're launching the next Challenge. We believed that a lot of you would like it and it looks like that's the case. That's, I don't know, good, ya know?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    We were genuinely happy to tell you all that we're launching the next Challenge.
    well Jeeves, as Ποσιδόνας (Posidonas) said, here most of us are dinosaurs of old T11 version.
    Not much impressed from challenges like those new ones.
    Is there any bigger challenge at the end of the season, to see the season's review of your team and see you victories or winning strike ?
    Or that your star player scored 70-80 goals , assists, most goals in one game and more ?

An Open Letter to Nordeus-lv20-9-history-last-day.jpg

It's like we were customers of a great shop which was selling amazing jerseys and now this shop is selling mostly shoes - lol
    So why are we still here ?
    Because it was a fantastic shop, we love being here, those few jerseys we still can find here are from the best of the market and we hope that maybe some day we 'll find the place we loved once.

But we 're not here to buy shoes - lol
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    You might recall that I was a bit more active before.
    So was I, but it gets harder to listen to the negativity, and harder to defend or wait for Nordeus.
    You say new items will hit the game "when ready, no matter what"
    And I say too many of these ideas and items are not roll out ready, and that has been the expectation for too long, I've lost faith.
    Nordeus breaks things and gives us a replacement before the glue is set. These are the best challenges you can invent? The visuals of the new market and squad pages, those were as polished as they should have been before dropping them on us? The vast changes since v5.6, the lack of replacement for legacy features like history, it was the course you decided was best?

I really think I can't do it anymore, support this game. A year ago I was upset that Tactician was sharing negative comments, telling people to quit; all year, the forum had that same noise at times. I don't want to be such a negative voice, because I know, really, that new users can enjoy this game like I have. That the design goals are meant for "other" players, not me.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    So was I, but it gets harder to listen to the negativity, and harder to defend or wait for Nordeus.
    You say new items will hit the game "when ready, no matter what"
    And I say too many of these ideas and items are not roll out ready, and that has been the expectation for too long, I've lost faith.
    Nordeus breaks things and gives us a replacement before the glue is set. These are the best challenges you can invent? The visuals of the new market and squad pages, those were as polished as they should have been before dropping them on us? The vast changes since v5.6, the lack of replacement for legacy features like history, it was the course you decided was best?

I really think I can't do it anymore, support this game. A year ago I was upset that Tactician was sharing negative comments, telling people to quit; all year, the forum had that same noise at times. I don't want to be such a negative voice, because I know, really, that new users can enjoy this game like I have. That the design goals are meant for "other" players, not me.
    I posted things with good reasons, and I did not directly tell people to quit; I told them to make tests and see themselves how much they have been deceived. It is a bit like what Nik said, except that for me it is not the case of the history and so on; I was used to something that I liked, where the game had more sense in terms of football, tactics, action and reaction, but then they changed it (and that too they hid it, that is they did not inform us about that change) in such a way that the game became numb. The game became more and more illusive, and it even got worst with those additional deceiving things and cosmetics that have been added in the game. Many people now have suspected that at least some matches were played before actually shown to be played, that is those matches are on playback, where almost whatever you will be doing on the bench or side of the pitch as a manager would have no expected effects as outcomes. Some people have also noticed the abnormal strength of abandoned teams or teams with no manager on the bench. You can see yourself the amount of complaints on the forum. They changed many parts of the game; maybe they thought people would not find out. At a time, this game, despite its flaws, had some sense, and people were having fun. It just got worst and worst, but I am not complaining like I was before because I take such things less seriously now. I try to enjoy the game as it is and also report about things when I notice them.

Concerning communication, collecting information and so on (between the forum users and Nordeus people), it was way worst in the past. At a time there was nearly no one from Nordeus to check the forums regularly. On rare occasions, an admin was checking but was not doing much in terms of collecting info and so on. With time that changed, and it got even better when Moi was around. About those that are here these days (Jeeves and so on), I cannot complain about them nor I would say things to offend them. But sure there are a lot things that need to improve in this game; some things were even better the way they were before. For me, the best version of the game was around May-July 2016, where they made tweaks to the newly introduced version whereby the game become more responsive, but there was a flaw whereby there was over-response and even inappropriate response (for example, clicking the wrong bonus resulted in instant penalties like goals conceded), but at least the game was not numb.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-07-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Look I know that things may look like this. It's really horrible that you and others have gotten the notion that we just nod our heads and smile and then throw everything in the trash bin like some shoddy job-interviewer. :/
    I think we should hold better communication with all of you. Sentiment like this doesn't come out of no where.

Also, this place ain't a police state - This is something I've been working constantly to prove ever since I came over to the Forum as an Admin. Everything is visible, nothing is to be deleted (as long as its not spam), moderation is to be applied when someone walks over the established and written rules of this here forum. No censorship. I've been a part of this industry for more than two decades. I've been on the User's side for the greater part. And know **** when I see it, and there won't be anything like this, in this forum. (Apologies for the language.)

We're not snooping and trying to lock down ways for players to benefit from something (as long as its not an exploit). Watching videos for Tokens ain't bad. Why should it be? The reward is small from those but so is their requirement - Watch a video ad. Someone might just want to do an offer for 150 tokens a pop instead. All the power to him/her. The advertisers with whom we have business relations benefit, they are happy that the people watch their stuff and we're happy that they are happy and that our player has earned a nice reward for the time they traded back. But we can't tell the providers who gets what kinds of offers nor what amounts. This is how they earn from the people who want to advertise their businesses/services/etc through their platform - Those businesses want specific demographics to see specific things. That's called Product Positioning, it's how those things work. A lot of you here know these things. I know we come out as the bad guys in the end but... we'll we take it on the chin and try to add more ways to gain rewards, most recent of which is the Challenges feature.
    Hello,

I am wondering do you plan to run on a regular basis a poll asking your customers what their expected features are?

In fact, you could provide a few proposals (subject to your product roadmap) plus allowing additional ones coming from the users.

Following your analysis (filtering), you could group the requests as:

1. Feasible in the short-term
    2. Applicable, but in the long-term (perhaps part of the next poll)
    3. Non-applicable at a reasonable time frame (but potentially revisited later in the future)

Furthermore, the final results of such a poll should be transparent to everyone.

Perhaps, I am wrong, but I do not think I have seen something like this in a structured manner.

I believe such an approach will help you collect and keep track efficiently of all the customer requests plus the users will have a clear understanding of what to expect and probably by when.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Jeeves, LeManiaque and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Club: LEGENDS FC (Level: 50)
    40x League, 24x Champions League, 26x Cup, 12x Super Cup
    18x Triple Crown
    10x Quadruple Crown

Association: OPA MATSIOULA F.C.
    Highest Division: Diamond

@Jeeves can you please advise what the status of fixing the associations penalty shootout bug is?
    talisman likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast