Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: Season 117 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    What happened to the seasonal updates you guys used to post? Talisman/Nebu/Kelpie Grant?
    Had to spend a lot of time preparing for, participating in and winding up an exhibition. Normal service will be resumed... sometime... soon-ish.
    Nebu likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    20 minutes after the end of a CL match, I've got two MCs injured and I'm trying to get a decent squad sorted out for tomorrow - you don't just jump in with your bad-ass +3 Level, +36%Q team without getting a bloody nose...

Attachment 121024

Attachment 121026

BTW my Assisitant Manager, his GK wasn't the best player in the pitch. He wasn't even the best player in his own side - our two wingbacks were the candidates for the (non-existant) MoM award...

Attachment 121028
    Thats a tough draw! Alot of people are getting banged up by lower quality teams. Hopefully you are a beneficiary of that trend! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebu View Post
    Yeah, am thinking of the triple, but CL is about quality. I just noticed my squad is growing too slow, I can't tell if its just age or the growth rate have been tweaked. My players fall into age range of 18-25.
    I don't think tanking is for me, I tanked once and it felt awful. And now that we made it to Platinum - no way am gonna throw 100t away.
    Am currently 2nd in the league, and am facing the league leader tomorrow, hopefully we can change the story...
    Staying in platinum is tough. I never lasted more than 2 seasons in it. Good luck with the Top 2 matchup

Why do they still playing all those frendlies if players dont get MoM +4%. I think that is only way to train your team to 160% and you get 1 rest pack every time you make substitution. I should investigate that, there is something for sure. Next opponent is doing that, it is too much time and that's why I dont play frendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    Thats a tough draw! Alot of people are getting banged up by lower quality teams. Hopefully you are a beneficiary of that trend! Good luck!
    Erm... it was a friendly?
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by MNK Kaskada View Post
    Why do they still playing all those frendlies if players dont get MoM +4%. I think that is only way to train your team to 160% and you get 1 rest pack every time you make substitution. I should investigate that, there is something for sure. Next opponent is doing that, it is too much time and that's why I dont play frendlies.
    I arrange friendlies when i am too tired to train or when i have no time (work starts in 5 mins kind of situation) and when i feel like i have alot of reds, blues and condition(not greens, existing condition) to burn. Usually 1, max 2. I dont even watch it, just arrange and check back later. I feel its better than just selecting drills in a rush where you make mistakes and trains alot of grey skills.
    MNK Kaskada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Erm... it was a friendly?
    My bad, was thinking it was your CL match.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    TOP ELEVEN SEASON 117

Thanks to all returning Managers!
    and a big Welcome to all the new Managers!

Before we start, here's some questions for you:

What have you learned from last season?
    Where did you place last season?

Are you participating in the Association's Cup?
    What are your achievements in your Association?

What's your current level?
    What's your budget for this season?
    Who do you want to replace?
    What are your goals for this season?

What's your training level?
    Which will be your main formation?

Good luck to everybody this Season!

* At the end of the season we will chose between all comments 3 winners of 50Tokens.
    I learned from last season that you will need to bench some players that are not performing well. I did this last season and now the player which wasn't performing is my top scorer this season. I was placed second in the competition after a thrilling season with the player at the first place just one point ahead of me. I won the champions league, the cup and the supercup tho. I am participating in the Associations Cup and my asso was promoted I think to Gold 2, so I was really happy with that. My current level is level 28. My budget atm is 459M, but I bought a lot new players, so that's why it is this low. For this season I think I'm fine. I don't think I'm going to replace any of my current A-team players, but I might switch a bench player in halfway through. In the end im willing to replace my keeper(23) my striker(22) and my dmc(30). My goals this season is to end up in the top 4, ofcourse I would love to win the competition, but I am a bit overqualified this season, so im happy with a top 4. My training level is 91 and my formation is an arrow in the back with two wingers, one attacking midfielder and a striker.
    ST
    AML---------AMC--------AMR
    MC
    DMC---------DMC
    DL------------DC---------DR
    GK
    mentality: defending
    passing: mixed, mixed
    counter: on
    zonal marking
    high pressing
    hard defending
    offside: off
    khris and MNK Kaskada like this.

Dreamer
    The TP bonus has no extra benefits or effect at all
    Think it's all cosmetic

I am pleased to see that winning your group in the CL or SL gets you a second leg home tie, rather than playing away, as previous seasons.
    king7eric likes this.

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast