Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Training a Special Ability or New Position

Dreamer

Training a Special Ability or New Position

Since I started to play the game I have experimented and searched for info on if it is worth it to add new positions or special abilities to my players, how long it takes, how its best done and so forth. There is great info out there, but I have lately made some extensive experimenting myself and I thought I would put what I have found from my research and in other threads at one place. In short, this is a guide about adding a Special Ability ("SA") or a New Position ("NP") for a player. It is not a guide about SAs or benefits of having several positions.

Where?
    You can start to train a SA or a NP by clicking on a player and hitting the "+" sign next to the roles or special ability of a player. Please be aware that once you start training a SA or NP you cannot stop it and start training another SA or NP, and it is only possible for a player to have one SA and three Positions, so select carefully!

Training a Special Ability or New Position-1-var-trycker-man.jpg

How does adding a SA or NP work?

It costs 50 Skill-Points ("SPs") to train any NP and a SA costs 40-50 SPs. When your player adds ability, which can be done by playing games and training, all development will go into filling the bar to develop the NP or the SA. Gaining the NP or SA is binary, IE a Central Midfielder with 49 of 50 Skill-Points on the way to learn playing the Attacking Midfielder position will not play better as a AMC than any other MC without that position. You can pause the development of the SA or NT by just pushing the bar.

Training a Special Ability or New Position-2-hur-funkar-det.jpg

Why add a NP or a SA?

There is a lot of information out there on positions and SAs and I will not cover these issues in depth. But I will just shortly cover some basics here.

Why add a NP?
    There three or maybe even four reasons to add a NP to a player.

Firstly, a player playing out of position gets a penalty that decreases his ability. If a player is completely out of position you will see a red triangle you will get a very steep penalty and if a player is put in a nearby position the penalty isn't as steep but still notable.

Secondly, a player has highlighted abilities that are deemed crucial to the players position and grey abilities that are deemed less crucial. The highlighted abilities will train much faster than the grey abilities. In other words, by adding a NP you also add abilities that it will be easier to train for your player. Check out this example:

Training a Special Ability or New Position-3-skillnad-med-fler-positioner.jpg

The DC has 8 abilities that are easy to train. The DC, DMC and MC has 13, that is a big difference. If you want a DC that is good at passing the ball etc, you need to add the DMC position to him to enabling him to train passing and creativity well.

Thirdly, certain SAs are only available at certain positions. For example, a AMC can add the Dribbler SA but not the ST. If you want a ST with the Dribbler SA, you need to add this position to the player.

Fourthly, some SAs or Position combinations can be very attractive on the transfer and hence increase the value of your players. I wouldn't invest the effort to add a SA or multiple NPs to a player to earn money, but it is a positive side-effect if nothing else.

Why add a SA?

On this topic, I just want to put out a disclaimer that there is much discussion on whether some SAs help at all and what good they actually do. Read carefully the info that is out there before deciding to add a SA and what SA to add.

What is the best way to train a SA or NP?

Alternatives
    Besides the SPs gained from playing games, there are two ways to train a player. Either you hire a Personal Coach (PC) and pay for him directly with tokens or you train your player in the training section.

By my rough calculations, it is approximately 300+% as costly to train a SA for a Fast Trainer ("FT" what is a fast trainer? Search the forum and you will find a ton of info on them, AKA Nordgens) by hiring a Personal Coach in relation to buying Rests for tokens and using them on training your player repeatedly.
    -With a PC, for a fast trainer, adding a NP or SA that costs 50 SPs will cost app. 214 tokens.
    -When buying/using Rests, it will cost approximately 67 Rests to add a NP or SA that costs 50 SPs.

Which practices should I choose when training a NP or a SA?

I have done extensive tests, and my conclusion is that it does not matter which practices you choose (but the level of the practice used matters). IE. you can like train the SA Shadow-Striker by repeatedly giving your player Goaltender Drills. You get no aditional gain from mixing up practices, starting or ending it with easy drills and so forth.

Although it's not entirely easy to pinpoint since there is a random factor to training, it does however definitely seem like the level of the training matters.

How long will it take?

A FT will add a NP or SA that costs 50 SPs at the cost of using approximately 40-65 Rests (depending on what training level you are at).

A slow trainer will add a NP or SA that costs 50 SPs at the cost of using approximately 160 Rests.

When is the best time to add a NP or a SA?

A common strategy in this game is to pick up so called Fast Trainers or Nordgens, IE players created by Nordeus and put into the system on the transfer market from phony teams that are 18-21 y/o and has a lot of training potential. A FT can develop really fast -- up until a certain point, after the development starts to becoming a lot slower. Often this happens when the player get closer to 7-8 stars in ability.

If you pick up a Fast-Trainer, my recommendation is that you instantly add the SA and NP you want this player to have, because he will pick it up a lot faster when he is 5 stars than when he is 6-9 stars. A 19 y/o 8-9 star player will pick up a SA basically as slow as a 33 y/o veteran, while the same kid a year earlier when just picked up on the transfer market can add the SA in less than half the time.

Adding a SA or a NP does not slow down the pace the player will increase his ability. IE, if you pick up a 18 y/o 99% fast training ST and you want to give him the AMC position and the Free-Kick SA while getting him to 8 stars, you will get there a lot faster if you first add the position and SA and then train the players ability, as opposed to doing it the other way around!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 09-18-2016 at 10:46 AM.

I´ll confirm that adding a SA or NP first does not slow down his pace.I´ve been doing it for well over a year.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    I´ll confirm that adding a SA or NP first does not slow down his pace.I´ve been doing it for well over a year.
    Perfect! Thanks!

Bought a 18 year old Q 99 this morning from a (good name team ) once he rested I started training tonight around 50 -60 greens to get defensive wall SA.He was hitting +120 -130 at first then dropped a little to +80 when this happens you add what skill points you have to the SA and then continue training and he goes back up to +120 once the 50 was reached I continued till i got fed up he was still hitting +100 (stopped at Q102 ) & he will do this till he reaches his 6 star Q105.

Dreamer
    Bought a 18 year old Q 99 this morning from a (good name team ) once he rested I started training tonight around 50 -60 greens to get defensive wall SA.He was hitting +120 -130 at first then dropped a little to +80 when this happens you add what skill points you have to the SA and then continue training and he goes back up to +120 once the 50 was reached I continued till i got fed up he was still hitting +100 (stopped at Q102 ) & he will do this till he reaches his 6 star Q105.
    That sounds about right, my kid was not 100% fresh, I picked him up yesterday and played him in two games and trained him some, he got to around 103% before I started the SA. I also did 6 fast-counter attack practices that are lvl 3 (I only have Pass-Run-Shoot at lvl 4).

I think I am going to adjust the numbers in the guide a bit, go a bit lower and use a spread.

Thanks!

BTW, got damn a fresh fast-trainer picks up a Special Ability fast in relation to my 19 y/o striker that is in his second y at and at 142%. Takes over 150 rests for him now...

Dreamer
    Added moving pictures to the guide!

I use the old version to power train a player btw
    & don´t play the player before adding anything if you are power training him
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Well Al as you asked me a couple of times if it's worthy to go for extra position (or sa) instead of gaining quality, I added 3 posts in my team show case, answering to you.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...greece-14.html
    #136, 137 ,138.
    it's all about strategy
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    I use the old version to power train a player btw
    & don´t play the player before adding anything if you are power training him
    Is it too much to power-train and play the player at the same time?

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Well Al as you asked me a couple of times if it's worthy to go for extra position (or sa) instead of gaining quality, I added 3 posts in my team show case, answering to you.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...greece-14.html
    #136, 137 ,138.
    it's all about strategy
    It was a lot cheaper than I expected when starting the SA from the get go with a fast trainer! Thanks for all the advice as usual Nik!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast