Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I think its a bit interesting that a 18 y/o Fast-trainer as a 7 star has the same TEF as a 20 y/o Fast-trainer. I expected the TEF to drop more with age, but it seems to stay the same until at least 21 y/o. But I will check this next season. Maybe it even stays the same until 22 y/o?
    18-21 y.o. have the same gaining
    After that, it drops
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    18-21 y.o. have the same gaining
    After that, it drops
    Thanks Niko!

Dreamer
    Ran another series of test, biggest sample size for me so far. Used up all rests I saved during the FA weekend when I don't train my players much and this and yesterday mornings farmed Rests.

I ran this session 64 times:

Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System-21-vningar.jpg

This are the result. In line with previous tests, the abilities that is not part of any drill with a grey ability does not differ more than +/- <1% (see speed and dribbling for example). Of the grey abilities, they differ around 1/3 from what is expected +/- <1%. The gain is distributed to the other abilities in the same drill as the grey abilities, and the gain of these abilities are greater than 1+% (passing, creativity and so forth).

Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System-22-resultat.jpg

This is the player, I will now don't power-train him any more for a long while, at least not until next season and not early next season either, when I will concentrate on my new fast trainers instead. This kid has been a tremendous performer up untill now, to make sure I don't mess with that I will rest a lot now until I use him again.

Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System-23-lizu.jpg

I have a few things I will test down the road, but I don't think I will run more tests on the above topics, ie how the system works and how grey abilities work.

I still can't figure out the condition loss though, seem a bit random to me. Maybe it is? Maybe I am missing something. This is how the result was divded per session and the conditioning loss. Its not a rule, but it seems like the conditioning loss is a smaller when the gain is bigger. The bottom line is the conditioning loss per session.

Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System-24-f-rdelning.jpg

This is the result of the conditioning loss. I basically lost one less green that I should have.

Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System-25-conloss.png
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 10-04-2016 at 05:30 PM.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Famous
    I've wondered if players could have up to 3 "training factors," but it sounds like it doesn't fit your data and theory. I mean 1 factor when gaining new position out SA, one for highlighted abilities, and last for grey abilities.

Reason I'm interested is explaining long performance life for some players and form drop for others between seasons. For example, an AMC with shooting, speed, dribbling, and finishing all highlight skills around 150. He might stop scoring goals if strength drops below 50 (who knows) after the season star loss. But with high training efficiency rate for grey skills as well as highlighted skills, this AMC may have a longer career. I hope to check some long career players from the "Legends" thread to see if they tend to maintain more balanced skills. Otherwise we might expect to see many individual skills down on single digits by retirement age.

But data doesn't lie, which is why your analysis is great work!
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 10-04-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Famous
    Are you taking condition loss from match play, could be fitness or age have a consistent effect on condition drop whether in match or training. Many other factors involved in match losses though.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    Are you taking condition loss from match play, could be fitness or age have a consistent effect on condition drop whether in match or training. Many other factors involved in match losses though.
    I try to not mix testing sessions with games to get a better result. What I would like to do is (i) to take two equal kids, but with a big diff in the Fitness ability, and run identical drills on them and see if the Fitness ability also makes players loose less conditioning in training. At the start of next season I will also more closely (ii) look if the lvl of training facility will have any impact.

I will also (iii) look at how running a goaltender drill on a non-goalie player affects the ability gain and what way that might be useful.
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 10-05-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System

Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    I try to not mix testing sessions with games to get a better result. What I would like to do is (i) to take two equal kids, but with a big diff in the Fitness ability, and run identical drills on them and see if the Fitness ability also makes players loose less conditioning in training. At the start of next season I will also more closely (ii) look if the lvl of training facility will have any impact.

I will also (iii) look at how running a goaltender drill on a non-goalie player affects the ability gain and what way that might be useful.
    I decided to do a little test.

These are my two players. I made sure they were both at 99 condition before starting.

This is the training session.

This is the result after running the first two training sessions.

This is after 4 training sessions.

The four sessions of same training.

The only thing I wanted to point out is that they were not the same age. But does that matter? I don't know. So based on this little test it looks like condition loss is not affected by fitness level. Though I would think it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nudo74; 10-06-2016 at 05:21 AM.
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Dreamer
    Great stuff Nudo!!

Now we can basically tick that box too, conditioning loss in training is not dependent on fitness ability.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The only thing I wanted to point out is that they were not the same age. But does that matter? I don't know.
    yes, age matters a lot
    18-21 it's the same, then year after year, gaining is dropping
    also stars matters a lot. The gaining of a 7* player is less than a 5* player.
    Those are basics on training.

dependent on fitness ability.
    of course, abilities are cosmetics - lol
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    yes, age matters a lot
    18-21 it's the same, then year after year, gaining is dropping
    also stars matters a lot. The gaining of a 7* player is less than a 5* player.
    Those are basics on training.

Yes I understand with regards to gaining %. But we are talking about condition lose related to fitness. I would think an older player would lose more condition vs young player with same fitness. But since I was comparing two players at different ages, I was wondering if that played any factor in conditioning loss.

of course, abilities are cosmetics - lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast