Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Help us improve new commentaries!

Quote Originally Posted by herb View Post
    Also, I've always wondered how come if any of the strikers clears the ball away the other team gets to counter-attack. I mean, if your striker clears the ball then he obviously is in his own field (he can't clear the ball if he is situated in the opponent's field) and his teammates are most probably behind him. How can you counter-attack if all of the opponent's players are in their own field?
    Ever heard of super fast wingers and wing backs (just like in real football)? For me it's usually DR/DL and MC or 2 defenders who organise a counter-attack. So, as long as the striker who clears the ball doesn't magically teleport to participate in the counter-attack, this commentary makes perfect sense.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

okay, there are teams X and Y, whenever the striker from team X clears the ball away, team Y organizes a counter-attack
    if the striker from team X clears the ball that probably means that all the midfielders and defenders from his team are behind him in their own field, because the striker is supposed to be on top of the attack, right? how can team Y organize a counter-attack everytime this happends if all the defensive and midfield players of team X are in their own field and aren't participating in any attack, because there is no such

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Also it seems that some of the phrases are way too long.

Maybe either: Leave the phrases up X # of seconds per word, or

Chop them up into chunks that can be read quickly.

P.S... in the places where it says "Gooal" I think it would be better to either add more o's, thus: "Gooooooal!" or spell in normally.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-09-2014 at 03:09 AM.
    Gintaras Račas likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really dindt understand this comment, my player shots, the opponent made a passe and its a goal?
    Help us improve new commentaries!-image.jpg

In this one i have seen it 3 times so far, saying that the defender have the aerial defense clears the ball, the problem is that none of the players mentioned have that SA, at the end dosent mean nothing, its equal as saying the defender clears the ball
    Help us improve new commentaries!-image.jpg
    Philip L. Willis and Celtic like this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    I really dindt understand this comment, my player shots, the opponent made a passe and its a goal?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	27355

In this one i have seen it 3 times so far, saying that the defender have the aerial defense clears the ball, the problem is that none of the players mentioned have that SA, at the end dosent mean nothing, its equal as saying the defender clears the ball
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	27356
    I agree.

There are a few comments that use SA terms but in their common meaning. Like 'Defensive Wall' when it means mean 'the wall' or 'aerial defense' when, as you say, it means 'clears a high ball'. Its people trying to use what they think are appropriate terms....but in inappropriate places.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I agree.

There are a few comments that use SA terms but in their common meaning. Like 'Defensive Wall' when it means mean 'the wall' or 'aerial defense' when, as you say, it means 'clears a high ball'. Its people trying to use what they think are appropriate terms....but in inappropriate places.
    Yeah, for example I have seen

X aerial dominates
    It should be X dominates in the air...
    Or longer X with his superb aerial skills
    dominates in the air

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

How about "Player X attempts a short pass", this message occurs a few times in a match, everytime the pass is unsuccessful but the thing is that I have passing style set on long...
    pnr8555 and Philip L. Willis like this.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Another thing in Slovak language:

Original: "Jedenástka!" (= Penalty!)
    Changed: "Penalta!" (= Penalty!) - It means the same, but it's more used (e. g. in TV)

Rookie
    i still have a lot of funn with this thread . In 90 % of languages coments looks only signs and absolutely unrelated words.Your lol dev can try to find something in a very difficult to find site - https://translate.google.com/#sr/en/ , then add some coments then open thread like this.After few years when you finish with coments you can post an ad that you are looking for someone with a basic knowledge of programming who will fix your game logic.Then you can open thread in wich we will fix his mistakes!
    And remember the interview when you consider whether to appoint a candidate first ask him difficult question : wich is the bigger from 100 and 110 ? and please get someone with answer 110 .....
    Top t11 lie
    1."if you want amaizing player visit scout"
    2.Quality work.
    3.SA work.
    4.Tactic work.
    The true is all is random..

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    How about "Player X attempts a short pass", this message occurs a few times in a match, everytime the pass is unsuccessful but the thing is that I have passing style set on long...
    That was in the old comments "X passes short" and you are not sure if that is good or bad, and a goal will happen every now and then?
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast