Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cup changes

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    As I explained before in this thread, that's not always possible. What if you only have 20 teams of a specific level in one of the servers? Every Cup needs 128 teams, what do we do if we only have 20 teams of a specific level? A Cup competition with only 20 teams?

maybe it should be more like CL
    20 teams in 4 groups
    5 teams a group =8 matches
    number 1 and 2 go on
    8 teams = 2 matches
    4 teams = 2 matches
    2 teams = 1 match

13 matches = same number of matches as present setup.

But more likely the problem will be when playing 3 leaques with players on the same level. It might happen that you run into the same teams in all three leaques if the problem is the amount of players on a server.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Attachment 64781

Hi Managers,

Starting from the next Top Eleven season (so, the 3rd of April) generation of Cup competition will be different. Until now, our engine was grouping teams by quality in order to have a fair competition, taking into account the average quality of the whole squad (all signed players).

Some users were taking advantage of this, by not signing the good players until the competition schedule had been generated, or having a lot of low quality signed players.

Now, this average quality will be calculated only taking into account the 14 best players of each team, even if they are not signed. This should result in more fair Cup competitions.
    Hi Moi,

I don't understand your post Moi , cause Cup draw was already calculated with the 14 best players ! And with your post it's a league trophy who is illustrated , so i'm confuse ? Would you mean league draw or cup draw ?

EDIT : an april fish ?
    Last edited by Kaizer Franz; 04-02-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdalinho View Post
    just make the cup like the other 2 competitions, only teams from the same level, it will be perfect and fair for everyone
    Fairer yes, but then the game will become boring quickly. There won't be any additional challenges every season. I have played in a Cup competition where there were bots; at first, it was fun, but it became boring towards the end, including the final. A mixture of levels is what makes the Cup different from the other two competitions, and it provides additional challenges.

I would also like to mention that a user cannot expect his team to be the favourite or be among the favourites for every competition every season. It seems that some users don't want to accept this fact.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-02-2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Removed a duplicate word.
    Arion and TuninGGamer like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweed Mind View Post
    20 teams in 4 groups
    number 1 and 2 go on
    8 teams = 2 matches
    4 teams = 2 matches
    2 teams = 1 match

But more likely the problem will be when playing 3 leaques with players on the same level. It might happen that you run into the same teams in all three leaques if the problem is the amount of players on a server.
    But, then this would be just another version of the C.L. Why have 2 competitions that have way too many similarities in the same season? It would be like playing in two different champions league batches in a season. The only advantage there is that a user participating in both such competitions may have a better chance of winning at least one. But, what will happen say after a few seasons? This will become boring. There should be a significant difference between each competition, and also there should be a difference every season. You have to see it on this side also.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-02-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    Arion and TuninGGamer like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    To be honest, some people are right, this might make others to take advantage of the new system but I don't think this was such a big secret and it was pretty much also visible. At least is good that we know exactly the numbers now. Would be also good to know for CL and League exactly because for me CL is a big mystery.

PS: Why there's League trophy on this picture ?
    Last edited by PricopGeorgeCătălin; 04-02-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

As Tactician said, it still can be manipulated. Say I'm a Level 10 team (I guess 100%=70Q) and I have 3x20Q and 11x80Q players. My average then is only 67.1, that is only around 90-92%, while my Top 11 are around 140%. They could've made it Top 11 players, then it'll take a lot of resources to make an 8* team for my level.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

20 teams in 4 groups
    number 1 and 2 go on
    8 teams = 2 matches
    4 teams = 2 matches
    2 teams = 1 match

It's 13 matches, yes, but 15 rounds in all. Why?
    The knockout rounds are OK, but the groups have 5 teams, so on any given round one team won't be playing.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    20 teams in 4 groups
    number 1 and 2 go on
    8 teams = 2 matches
    4 teams = 2 matches
    2 teams = 1 match

It's a CUP and not a CL, the tournament style is very different, your idea will never ever happen. Try to come with something more likely possible. Sorry to tell you like this but this is the truth.

Also a CUP vs same level, just versus same level won't be different much from Champions League and we will end with K.O stage of CL but in a Cup system. The CUP is a unique CUP where teams from more divisions / leagues can meat and test their force. Still creating more fair Cups should be a priority for the developers. Playing always vs higher levels isn't nice, I know this from own experience and especially from the old CUP system (the first one).
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    It's a CUP and not a CL, the tournament style is very different, your idea will never ever happen. Try to come with something more likely possible. Sorry to tell you like this but this is the truth.

Also a CUP vs same level, just versus same level won't be different much from Champions League and we will end with K.O stage of CL but in a Cup system. The CUP is a unique CUP where teams from more divisions / leagues can meat and test their force. Still creating more fair Cups should be a priority for the developers. Playing always vs higher levels isn't nice, I know this from own experience and especially from the old CUP system (the first one).
    I was just giving my thoughts also regarding the server/player problem. For me personally its simple.... leave the cup as it is and mark the 14 best players fine.. make a slight difference but bottom line if you wait till cup draw and invest tokens for scoutplayers the result will be the same. In normal life you have transferperiodes and you can not wait and buy players every day.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I don't agree with the proposition about the Cup would be only for the same level teams.
    With that way, only the wealthy teams (token buyers/farmers) will be the top dogs of the competition.
    If they know that they 'll face only teams from their level, they 'll increase much more the quality of their team and make them unbeatable in all the competitions.
    Now at least there is some "brake" to that because of this Cup draw (hope and fear).
    But Cup should be something unique.
    I don't know how, maybe using only the "bench" players of the team ? The weaker ?
    TuninGGamer likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast