Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Understanding role of Luck in top eleven

No tactics at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    You are new, most probably season 2, right? You will see more of the nonsenses in next few seasons (it starts usually in season 3). Observe and come back to report your experience or findings.
    It's pay2win. After 3 or 4 season you'll need tokens and if you don't buy.. You'll never win in competitions, you won't get good players. And all the skills are just for player level... Passing skill, positioning...All that is like different names of same data, those doesn't contribute to tactics at all. It's like an arcade card game.

if you like something you pay, if you dont just be happy.
    this game is free.

GaD
    In my experience its not about "luck" or some kind of random thing, but instead formation arrows and something Ive figured out ... Your players "learn" to play together in a certain way against other teams, if you change your formation settings and stuff like attacking area mentality arrows, etc. Your players have to Re-Learn how to play like that, against a strong teams comp, your "new" comp will most likely fail even tho you have way more %. Lets say for example a team that has 3ple crown playing 442 and now is 65% with same formation and comp than last season and yours its 3ple crowned as well but since you have 90% you go for a new formation, trying substitutes and stuff on to this match. There is a chance that you actually might lose this game.

Edit: there are also counterformations and other counters such as bonuses ingame, def against attack..etc

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Monopoly Deal , the board game in T11
    I suppose that most of you, know that old popular board game.
    What is the relation with T11 ?
    The role dice of T11 sometimes acts like in Monopoly .
    What I mean
    In Monopoly, we might have a bad role dice and get a card which can send us to jail .
    Understanding role of Luck in top eleven-monopoly-jail.jpg

After that, might have a good role dice which could give us two lucky cards.
    Understanding role of Luck in top eleven-monopoly-lucky-cards.jpg

In the same way, role dice works that way in T11.
    Oppo can get a red card for his player.
    Then , when we expect to score a goal from ball possession and domination in the field, oppo draws a lucky card and scores.
    Role dice vs Football logic 1-0
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

It is good to have some randomness, but at the right amount. Then it should be fair, that is if there are say RNGs, the chance for any particular number to appear should be the same for all teams or as appropriate but there should be no unfairness.

A bad number, on its own, cannot override the effects of quality, tactics and match preparation so much that a significantly weak team beats a stronger team due to that number only.

For me, if many of those unexpected, abnormal or what people call 'troll results' were due to randomness, then it might be that the dices were biased for my case. What I mean by that is that the dices used for one team are not the same as the one used for the other team. It cannot be that my teams had so many bad numbers for important matches in all the seasons that I have played very seriously, unless the RNG was biased for whatever reasons. But thar is just a suspicion.

So far, based on the matches I have played this season, together with some findings I made in the past, I would say that the game has become more of a pre-determined thing (why become, because I cannot say with the same confidence that it was like that way before), where the game decides itself what will happen. I have attended many matches where there were no sense at all with what was happening in those matches with respect to my formation, orders and changes I made during the game, be it where my team has won or lost; it is as if I was watching pre-recorded matches with some visual adjustments made as required (for example, substitutions). Maybe there is a RNG for how much effect a manager will have on a match itself, hence why in some matches a manager seems to have made an impact while in some other matches there were no effect at all.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-24-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Pro
    If it's a dice thing ... why would many strong smart managers finish the league or sometimes the season undefeated?

I don't believe that this game is based on luck ... everything is mathematically programmed .

Every single and even small factor plays a role in the game result.

This is my opinion and it's based on observation and also 2 years of experience.
    HoofDaddy and gizzmo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    If it's a dice thing ... why would many strong smart managers finish the league or sometimes the season undefeated?

I don't believe that this game is based on luck ... everything is mathematically programmed .

This is my opinion and it's based on observation and also 2 years of experience.
    Maybe if you go to the "troll thread" you understand what is the meaning of luck is this game.

Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post

huh ?
    Understanding role of Luck in top eleven-usarabat-1.jpg

Hello nikolgiorgos!

I think that what i will ask you is more related to what u called "waveform".
    I started playing this game with 2 more friends (we are now on level 4). Seasons 1 and 2, we were doing great and winning everyting. Suddenly, at the end of a season 2, one of my friends started losing a lot of games in a row. He had some kind of 10 points difference from the 2nd manager on his league. he lost 5 matches in a row on league and was eliminated from Cup and CL. We laughed a lot on him ... hahaha

... Until the same happened to me at the end of season 3 ((( haha.
    I lost cup final to a 4-4-2 classic team (I played 3-4-1-2). It was the 1st time in that game i lost to a 4-4-2. My team was 10% stronger, but I lost 3-0 (and the numbers were all in my favour).
    Then I lost CL half-final against an asymetrical weird tactic (some kind of 3N-2DMC-DMR,2MC, 3AM, 1ST) and I was playing 4-5-1V, trying to explore the free flank the opponent had.
    And then I started having a lot of troubles on my league (which should be really easy).

Before the League ended, I thought about 2 possibilities (cause my team was like a plane going to crash a mountain and i needed to save it haha).
    (1) There is some kind of wave of form, that no matter what you do, your team will lose straightly (and was exactly what was happening. i had already 5 losses in a row!)
    (2) I figured out that most of my players had already played more than 40 matches! (i repeated the same team many times on all tournaments - and it explain the same what happened to one of my friends). Maybe it's something that could be tested!! (as you did switching your GK and ST)

So I decided to use a team of substitutes for my last season matches. I used players that played only a few matches and it worked. So it made me think that possibility (2) was right: there is maybe a limit of matches and then the players will start playing badly after it. Maybe 35 matches, 40 matches. Dunno.

I'm playing season 4 now and a team playing 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly is leading. The team owner doesnt dedicate himself to the game as the other league managers, his tactic is poor through the middle and he is winning matches he shouldn't win. He beated me with 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly when i was using 4-1-2-1-2ND. The match numbers were totally favourable to me (possession, shots, shots on target), but he scored 2 FK goals and another 1 on a CK, ending the match with 3-2 as final result. I watched other of his matches (he never watches) and the same happens: win matches he shouldnt win. That makes me think of possibility (1), where no matter what happens, the "waveform" is by his side and he will win matches that he doesnt "deserve" to win.

What do you think about it those 2 possibilities?

PS1: I'm new to the forum, but i spent some hours reading the entire discussion you created. (and at some point, i'm agreening with what Tactician said an year ago hehe)
    PS2: Ok, i'm a beginner on T11, but i play football manager games since elifoot 98. So I understand tactics hehehe..

(2) I figured out that most of my players had already played more than 40 matches! (i repeated the same team many times on all tournaments - and it explain the same what happened to one of my friends). Maybe it's something that could be tested!! (as you did switching your GK and ST)
    Yes, that's an important reason.
    There is some kind of season's fatigue.
    It's good to have (not much) 4-5 bench players and do some rotation, specially in some easy games.

(1) There is some kind of wave of form, that no matter what you do, your team will lose straightly (and was exactly what was happening. i had already 5 losses in a row!)
    Doesn't happening very often but there is. I don't know if it's some hidden calculation from the game
    Another scenario is that some key players come together at a "de-form" period and this affects all the team's performance.
    Usually it's the GK, a MC, the AM_s or the players you use for F-K or C-K.

(cause my team was like a plane going to crash a mountain and i needed to save it haha).
    yeah, many times we feel that way.
    You don't know exactly what is the right way to save the plane but whatever drastic you do, might helps.

when i was using 4-1-2-1-2ND
    I suggest to find some other formation, better V style or something you can attack from the flanks too (like 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1).
    Besides the forum, I 'm also in some T11 fb groups so I can see many "super" players.
    Usually are wingers.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast