Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Guide: Understanding the 2016 Training System

Famous
    The teamwork bonuses are... fickle.

Running drills of medium, hard difficulty doesn't provide good bonus despite taking more condition. Even if it's not just 1:1 condition for bonus, I wish harder drills didn't seem to be penalized.

Getting a bit away from the topic.
    Toxcatl likes this.

Rookie
    One of my young stars turned 22 this season, and i for sure noted a big dip in training gains.

When is the next dip? That's probably when i have to replace him... 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Shire View Post
    One of my young stars turned 22 this season, and i for sure noted a big dip in training gains.

When is the next dip? That's probably when i have to replace him... 25?
    I'd replace him in the beginning of the next season. But if you have 3 older players, I'd replace them instead, and this one would play for another season.
    It wasn't our day.

Famous
    There is some mention of 21-24 as the next age bracket, but that's anecdotal and old. In a few months I imagine Al will have good data for learning rate, TEF, over ages. He probably has a guess at this point.

Anecdotally, I have players over 25 who can pick up 3 skill % in a session. My MoM last match is 26, my best player this season is my oldest, 27. Some say 18-19 rate erratically, some say GK are best older, or ratings stabilize. I think the distribution of skill points after a match reinforces the skills that each player used in the match (while our training drills might throw off their balance. Perhaps explaining why fast training doesn't always mean better results.)
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    it's 18-21 y.o. (the same)
    22-23
    24-25
    26-27
    dropping about 15-20 % every time
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    I think the distribution of skill points after a match reinforces the skills that each player used in the match (while our training drills might throw off their balance. Perhaps explaining why fast training doesn't always mean better results.)
    Yeah, I've heard a theory that a player gets what he uses, and uses what he... well, prefer. That means if you have, let's say, a young MC who's getting more attacking skills than defending, you should train him to AMC position and he will perform there better.
    I can't say how much truth is in this theory, I'd like to hear your comments. I'm thinking abount trying it on my fresh FTs next season. I am going to write down their skills, let them play for a week or two, decide what positions they "want" and after I train them to the new positions it will be possible to compare ratings on the old and new positions.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    Hi, Al
    Question please:

My 7* (120-130%) 21 yo players gaining skill very very slow, like if I do training, 24% condition loss with world class drill, some time they gaining 1-2% skills, some time none, also when playing a match they gaining same as training season. If you like I can bring some screenshot too. Is that the right gaining ratio on their age and lvl please? As I understand your data, For 15% condition loss they should gain 2.1% but make me confuse when they gain none...
    even I have one 9T reco. scout DC+DL+DR with wall, he is now 22 yo, he is not playing with main team so some time I use his 48% condition and he gain zero

Second question, on next season when manager lvl up they will loss one start (20-25% I think), so they will be 22yo 6* (100-110% I guess), in that case, their TEF will be 0.12 or 0.09 please.

Thanks
    Last edited by ibangali; 01-06-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibangali View Post
    Second question, on next season when manager lvl up they will loss one start (20-25% I think), so they will be 22yo 6* (100-110% I guess)
    It is 20%. And strictly speaking, players don't lose anything, the mechanics is different.

Here's one of my previous messages, just FYI:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    There're two "quality measuring units" linked to each other: percentage and overall quality (OQ). Like, 104% (41). 1 point of OQ always equals 4%, just believe me.
    And there's a threshold. It is set on OQ=0 for a 1st level manager and goes up by 5 every time she or he gets a promotion (5 on lvl 2, 10 on lvl 3, 15 on lvl 4, etc.).
    For example, let's look on a player in a lvl 4 team with quality 104% (41). The threshold for lvl 4 is 15.
    41 - 15 = 26
    26 * 4% = 104%
    On the next level he will be 84% (41), because the threshold will be 20. But the OQ stays the same, 41.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-06-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    ibangali likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Thanks Toxcatl.
    Tomorrow I'm going to file up 15 screenshots of my players skills and will try to see if I can bring back same skill which they going to lose. Specially I love my GK & ST
    GK average 8 rating n ST 39 gaols so far in 25 league matches
    Last edited by ibangali; 01-07-2017 at 01:16 AM.

A really impressive OP and a lot of useful information all through the thread!
    Thanks to everybody contributing from a level 3 manager, who wants to go deeper in the game.

I've just bought three fast trainers to see where I can take them.

One first question: If a drill doesn't cover any of the highlighted skills of a player, better not use it on his training?
    I've been reading about GK training on non GK's, and it seems that the effect of this training is delayed till the next effective training for the player. Or am I wrong?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast