Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Association turnaments getting boring ?

Addicted
    My FA group is a mix of 2 six stars teams and 4 three stars teams , sometimes we have good draws ( teams four and five stars ) , sometime not , like this week end when we met GJI Reborn ( top 15 alliance ) and two others FA groups with only six stars teams at least , as we were last sunday with all the loans and additions from the transfert market ( all of them have been sent meanwhile and the loans were back to their original teams right after the end of the tournament ).
    Last edited by Kaizer Franz; 03-19-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    HoofDaddy likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    taking a look at World Top ten what did I see ?

the Brazilian group Los Fanaticos with the last addition of Adrian Celoiu.
    Association turnaments getting boring ?-los-fanaticos-celoiu-18-3.jpg

Who is this ?
    The vice captain of the "legendary" group U CRAIOVA (later ROMANIANS) from here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/associat...r-loans-2.html

also at Top 5, the Brazilian group System of a down, with Bernabeu Ferrara
    from here https://forum.topeleven.com/team-sho...-ac-milan.html
    Association turnaments getting boring ?-ferara-bernabeu.jpg

a good trickster will find the way to the top
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Maybe there are two draws? First, we are drawn into a pool of potential opponents, then the draw for our opponents is made? So if membership is changed between the hypothetical draws, it creates an unbalanced draw? I would assume this isn't possible, but given how buggy this game tends to be probably can't rule this possibility out either!

We did have some crap going on like this before the draw one weekend, where one member retired from associations, so we added an 8*, who promptedly left an hour later, so I added my 5* friend as an emergency option, whom promptly got booted by Randy for his friend, that I denied request for. Then we took in Samuel whom was willing to rejoin as a favor to us, since we were down to 5 members.

Ryan is added to association following Samuel retiring (10:30 pm EST)
    Ryan leaves association to use loan cheat and not participate in tourney (11:15 pm)
    My friend JoMar added at midnight (EST)
    JoMar booted by Randy (1:30 am)
    Randy friend Ramon's request denied by me (1:35 am)
    Samuel added (1:45 am)
    I see my semi-final opponent (2:45 am). Semi opponent was Nikolgiorgios in this case.
    Tourney offically beings (4:00 am)

In the case the matchups for the 1, 2 and 3 seeds were.

1. Randy (160%) vs. Gert (140%)
    2. Me (139%) vs. Nikogiorgios (115-120%)
    3. Samuel (125%) vs. Khris (102.5%).

Clearly, a very unbalanced draw.

JoMar's team was 80%, compared to 125% for Samuel and 148% for Ryan.

To address Kaiser's statement maybe he's on to something. In this case, Samuel was with us the previous weekend, so the 6 members we had here, were the same 6 we had the previous weekend! On average, we were roughly 7% stronger than O.M.A. before loans and we used loans way more than they did, so I don't think the previous weekend final quality can apply to this case.

P.S. My apologizes for bringing up this matchup, since I don't like talking about matchups between Top Eleven friends.

Am wondering if loan exploiters rejoining in the late hours before the draw, could have been going undetected by the association draw engine?

I understand the purposed theory I stated above may be entirely wrong, but can't hurt to bring it up and learn what other managers have experienced!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-19-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    Kaizer Franz likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Addicted
    For me there is two draw , the first one for AvQ on sunday when the dead line for next tournament appear and the last one one day before the tournament begin to see if you are 4 or 5 or 6 members in your FA group in order to be again FA group with same amount of members than yours ! So trying to manipulate your AvQ during the week give no guarantee for the draw and is often a waste of time and energy ...

Famous
    I think the overall problem with assos comes from the reward. High level of reward, high level of cheating. It's like drugs, prostitution or corruption. Remove the reward and you solve the problem. Honestly, I did not like assos at first glance. Now, I became addicted and the promotion/relegation system (which is the better Nordeus has to offer) suits me very well. If I read carefully your messages, we have "players" that do everything in the game just to exploit the asso system. This obviously cannot last. So my suggestion would be to lower the platinium reward to 5 tokens or something symbolic. And only those playing for the thrill of competition will remain. I loved this game BEFORE the asso thing, I can live without it.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 03-20-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Famous
    Totally agree with Gizzmo. Love the game, like associations but it is still causing more grief than it's worth at times. Drop the amounts of tokens on offer!!
    gizzmo likes this.

It's like drugs, prostitution or corruption. Remove the reward and you solve the problem.
    Good point of gizzmo, that's what I mean in the first post, to reduce the token price.
    Now it can be 100 token for platinum plus the price for top ten, which actually isn't only 10-100 tokens for the 10 teams but it's a good price of 70-80-90 tokens for all the top20- top30 teams some times.
    madflo19 and gizzmo like this.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    taking a look at World Top ten what did I see ?

the Brazilian group Los Fanaticos with the last addition of Adrian Celoiu.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Los Fanaticos  celoiu 18-3.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	79320

Who is this ?
    The vice captain of the "legendary" group U CRAIOVA (later ROMANIANS) from here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/associat...r-loans-2.html

also at Top 5, the Brazilian group System of a down, with Bernabeu Ferrara
    from here https://forum.topeleven.com/team-sho...-ac-milan.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferara bernabeu.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	79321

a good trickster will find the way to the top
    I think only Gaby has survived and what about that Andrezinho, I examined his profile and he had triple last season which means he did not tank last season and loan trick issue was finished by the caps last season then how he had won the +1 or +2 (maybe +3) titles and most of all how he has still such a strong team? A bit confusing, may be a token buyer also?

What do you mean ?
    Now he has a 8* team, last season a 9* team and before that, a 10* team.
    Also remember that those managers gathered some hundred or thousand tokens from this story (and saved some thousand greens too)
    gizzmo likes this.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    What do you mean ?
    Now he has a 8* team, last season a 9* team and before that, a 10* team.
    Also remember that those managers gathered some hundred or thousand tokens from this story (and saved some thousand greens too)
    10*, really? I did not know one can go further 9*, and thousand tokens and greens explain the triple. I see now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast