Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Best training drills

Quote Originally Posted by KristianB View Post
    I'm getting 30 videos per day even when using x2
    I've been told several times the pools are different, and I have tested it several times after that, and it was always 1 bonus + 29 rests =\ I did it in the morning, changed google ad id, was rebooting my phone. Nope, 29 rests are left if I have watched 2x bonus video that day.
    Honestly, I dunno wtf is this sh1t.
    Gonna try again next season. Like, for the 4th time maybe.

I've got only 3 players who play both attack and defense.
    I have only one player with one position: the goalkeeper =]
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-03-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

I'll buy some string player tommorrow. Just for that and friendlies with some weak accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Gonna try again next season. Like, for the 4th time maybe.
    Well, I checked again. If I have used 30 videos for rest packs, the 2x bonus button is inactive.
    I will check (one more time) tomorrow: gonna use 2x bonus video, and count available ad videos after that.
    It wasn't our day.

How did that go?

How did that go?
    I forgot to do it =]
    It wasn't our day.

I normally use this technique
    Attacking -(WARM UP, SHOOTING, PASS GO SHOOT, SET PIECE/1-1FINISHING, SKILL, STRETCH)
    Defending -(WARM UP, GK TRAINING, PIGGY IN THE MIDDLE, USE YOUR HEAD, VIDEO ANALYSIS, STRETCH)
    It takes less condition and my players are doing quite good (especially my wingers).

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nithish78 View Post
    I normally use this technique
    Attacking -(WARM UP, SHOOTING, PASS GO SHOOT, SET PIECE/1-1FINISHING, SKILL, STRETCH)
    Defending -(WARM UP, GK TRAINING, PIGGY IN THE MIDDLE, USE YOUR HEAD, VIDEO ANALYSIS, STRETCH)
    It takes less condition and my players are doing quite good (especially my wingers).
    It takes less condition for what? For training bonuses? No, it doesn't. For normal training? How can you spend less condition, if you need to spend, let's say, 20% of it? This doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry, but this is not a technique, rather two sets of mindlessly picked drills. They save you some time and effort to plan training sessions carefully, sure, but they can't be effective if you train all your attackers and defenders in two groups. You are wasting condition on training grey skills. Every position has it's own unique set of optimal drills, but you use the same sets for two big groups of very different players.

No offence, but I think you need to dig in the training system a little bit deeper before giving advises.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-29-2018 at 01:03 AM.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    It takes less condition for what? For training bonuses? No, it doesn't. For normal training? How can you spend less condition, if you need to spend, let's say, 20% of it? This doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry, but this is not a technique, rather two sets of mindlessly picked drills. They save you some time and effort to plan training sessions carefully, sure, but they can't be effective if you train all your attackers and defenders in two groups. You are wasting condition on training grey skills. Every position has it's own unique set of optimal drills, but you use the same sets for two big groups of very different players.

No offence, but I think you need to dig in the training system a little bit deeper before giving advises.
    I dont think its really a waste if some training goes to the gray skills , especially for defenders , unless your only solution to playing this game is to produce mutants. I am finding more and more that players with good white skills and decent gray skills are at least a match for the mutants who always have poor gray skills , such is the nature of these players. I give all my defenders enough speed to at least have a chance against mutant attackers with a special focus on outside defenders but it is in some of the gray skill areas that my players can start to nullify the mutants. For example , strength which is generally very poor in mutants. As I have given my players enough speed to at least stay close to a mutant that as soon as it becomes a contest for the ball then my player with superior strength wins the contest most of the time and lets face it a mutant attacker without the ball is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
    I dont think its really a waste if some training goes to the gray skills , especially for defenders , unless your only solution to playing this game is to produce mutants. I am finding more and more that players with good white skills and decent gray skills are at least a match for the mutants who always have poor gray skills , such is the nature of these players. I give all my defenders enough speed to at least have a chance against mutant attackers with a special focus on outside defenders but it is in some of the gray skill areas that my players can start to nullify the mutants. For example , strength which is generally very poor in mutants. As I have given my players enough speed to at least stay close to a mutant that as soon as it becomes a contest for the ball then my player with superior strength wins the contest most of the time and lets face it a mutant attacker without the ball is useless.
    You think individual skills matter. I used to think that too.
    Now after months of testing different training philosophies I tend to agree with nikolgiorgos -- they don't. The sum of them, or maybe the average does affect the team performance, but I'm now sure even about that.
    You may say I don't know for sure that having high white skills and low grey skills is better than having them all on equal level, and you will be right. But what else is there?
    Your feeling that high Strength allows you to win the ball most of the times is exactly that -- a feeling. Until you do some tests and compare results this feeling means nothing -- it lies, because you see what you expect to see.

By the way, if Speed is useful for DC or Strength for MC, they should have been white, not grey.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-30-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
    As I have given my players enough speed to at least stay close to a mutant that as soon as it becomes a contest for the ball then my player with superior strength wins the contest
    strength vs. speed to win control of ball? lol, what kind of football you grew up on? what you have described sounds like good positioning vs speed, and tackling vs dribling not, or not only speed vs speed. in 1:1 counter maybe. just maybe. strenght? only use is to gain better position. good defender will predict, position himself, even "guide" the attacker... doing way less running than them. using strength is admitting you have lost battle of skills.

please don't get this wrong, i do not understand TE logic...and as far as I know you may be right. only talking about football..

but also, speaking of games in general it's almost never that linear, one skill vs. same or it's counterpart. few (good) games i saw code of were structured more like complex rock -papper - scissors model. for example, it would nullify attacker's speed with defender's positioning; D's positioning would be trumped with A's dribbling, A's dribbling with D's tackling etc. with structure like that and other influences like condition, morale, attendance. idk...some randomness - you have interesting game. if it is as simple as one skill vs other outcome would always be the same, no?
    Last edited by sasha m; 03-30-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast