Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Guide: Condition loss and Ability gain in games

Rookie
    Yeah i was planning to play w 2 squads. My idia was to burn con in game so skillpoints gets evenly destributed like to physical too. You know when we train usually train def for defenders and att for attackers

Quote Originally Posted by stinkybg View Post
    Yeah i was planning to play w 2 squads. My idia was to burn con in game so skillpoints gets evenly destributed like to physical too. You know when we train usually train def for defenders and att for attackers
    I see. Well, you can always add some Physical&Mental drills to your schedule. Stretch works very good for DL/DR, and Gym -- for DC, because they don't need Speed. Press the Play will cover all the rest, if that's what you need.
    If you have these drills on a low level, use this mini-exploit: https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...tml#post436134
    It wasn't our day.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    I'm not sure I got it right. You want to say that if you play a whole season with your main squad, 2 games per day, then in the end of the season they don't perform as good as in the beginning?
    No, I haven't noticed that, and I don't believe this is true.
    I was also wondering, because my intangible impression was also that with a main squad + few subs, the main 11 ended the season somewhat "toasted". Wins were harder to get, usual scorers were less reliable - even against zombie teams in league games.
    In the season after I decided to build 2 teams, aiming for max 30 games per player in the season (I don't do FA).
    Even though I reached final in CL and cup, I haven't had the same impression then.
    Bog Igre likes this.

Sounds too complicated. I don't think it's true.

I don't believe in "impression", "feelings" and "personal experience", only in hard evidence. Give me numbers, and I'll agree.
    Our minds like to play with us. We see what we want to see, notice what we expect and remember what impressed us. And we also like to "find" correlation between unrelated things, a gift from evolution that is usually useful, but it fails often.
    Always demand the proof and question everything, it's the only way to find the truth.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-06-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Rookie
    Fair enough.
    I wish there'd be more feedback anyway, as these are maybe one of these things that can difficult or impossible to prove by figures. See also the other discussion about "how old is too old" for a player.

So I leave to each manager to make their own tests and opinion.

I'll probably make other attempts, because maintaining two teams is certainly much more effort.
    Toxcatl likes this.

I play with 2 teams for last two seasons and won the treble bouth seasons..But i always have a feeling my players will be beater if I play with 15 and not 22 players.I played with all young players and at the end of last season my 13 players were 7* players and the rest of them were 6* players so i couldn't sell my 6* players in order to have more weaker team for next season cup and CL draw and the resoult is +1 and +2 level cup and CL and my chances for third treble are very low.So I think the right way to play this game is to have 14 youngsters that will become 7* at the end of the season and 9 average players plus 2 young players from academy.And also if I figured out right young players develop with same speed if they play games or train with 4 level training drills???Am I right?
    Last edited by Bog Igre; 03-06-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    .And also if I figured out right young players develop with same speed if they play games or train with 4 level training drills???Am I right?
    it's relative with condition loss.
    The match gives the same gaining of drills with (about) 25% condition loss.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Skill gain from match is equal to training with level 4 drills and the same total CL, as Al Svanberg discovered. Zonal + Low pressing.
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ain-games.html

With Man-to-man and High pressing CL will be way higher. +30-35% CL for each of these parameters if I'm not mistaken, while skill gain stays the same.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-08-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

I'm trying to finish a bit of Al's research (with particular respect to effect of certain actions on condition loss).

So far we definitely know:

High Press has a large effect on condition loss
    Man to Man has a moderate effect on condition loss

I think we're pretty sure that:

Fitness skill has no effect on condition loss

There's also been suggestions that:

Condition bonus may or may not have an effect on condition loss
    Arrows effect condition loss
    Age effects condition loss (I've actually heard both ways - some people say younger players lose more condition and some say older players lose more condition)

As painful as it is, I'm testing with one friendly per day (when I remember) against Mourinho as it's as close to a controlled environment as possible (he uses the same team and same formation).

My first test was the condition bonus. After six games (and no goals lol) with half played with no condition bonus and half played with condition bonus the entire match I am pretty confident that the condition bonus has no effect on condition loss (if anything I think the stats probably show you lose slightly more condition with the condition bonus lol, I'm yet to properly analyse the spreadsheet though).

My next test will be arrows.

I will also analyse the effect of position (eg with multi-position players), age, quality, morale, relative fitness (a player's fitness skill in relation to their overall quality), match rating, and anything else anyone wants me to.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    High Press has a large effect on condition loss
    Man to Man has a moderate effect on condition loss
    it's the same.
    Using both, it's X2

Condition bonus may or may not have an effect on condition loss
    has no effect

Arrows effect condition loss
    has no effect

Age effects condition loss
    has no effect

Those are old and standard